• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ooohh... nice trucks on Ebay...

Thanks. I'd imagine it'll cost more to ship them to me than they are worth. I'l get a set out west!

I'm not sure on the 1500/2500 difference, anyone know if the 1500 diffs or the individual gear sets would fit my 2500?

All 8 lug trucks will have the 9.25" front axle in them, even the mighty DMAX uses the same front differential assembly as us. The rear end in a 1500 BURB will be the 9.5" semi-floater and the 2500 will be the 10.5" full floater. They are both 14 bolt differential covers, but the 9.5" is rounded off somewhat. If it is factory 3.42's, then it is a 1500 with a 9.5", and most 2500's seem to have the dreaded 4.10's. They're great for towing, but that's about it. If anybody wants a matched set of 4.10's for a 2500 let me know as I have the old set out of my BURB in the shop still I'd let go cheap.

I'm not sure on the 1500/2500 difference, anyone know if the 1500 diffs or the individual gear sets would fit my 2500?

OK so it took me a bit longer than a day to get it but.......the axle ratio on the burb is 3:42 (GU6). If you are interested, ill talk to you about it more in the spring when I part it out

OK so it took me a bit longer than a day to get it but.......the axle ratio on the burb is 3:42 (GU6). If you are interested, ill talk to you about it more in the spring when I part it out

It's a 1500 BURB then? The front diff in it should be a 9.25" IFS front diff which will fit right into a 2500, but the rear will be a 9.5"(2500 diesel BURBS are 10.5").

It's a 1500 BURB then? The front diff in it should be a 9.25" IFS front diff which will fit right into a 2500, but the rear will be a 9.5"(2500 diesel BURBS are 10.5").

yea...i had noted that above. It is a 1500 diesel. Thats why were trying to see if the parts would swap from a 1500 to a 2500. Or with how much modification

depending on what the interior looks like and the body but with the motor problems id show up with 1000 cash and see where that takes you. i may be completely wrong

I went and checked it out today. Luckily it is close by. It has a broken window in the xtra cab on the passenger side and it also needs a new windshield, tires, sliding rear window, and 2 batteries. The guy said that it needs a new head gaskets. I asked Wyatt (1999 gmc) and he checked alldata and it has the head gasket repair at 16 hours IIRC. After machine shop work, new gaskets, and studs, and labor at a shop here in Sacramento your looking at nearly $2k just for that alone.

Here is how I see it:

In fair condition KBB has it listed at $4600 (this is if it is running).
Subtract out:
$2000 for headgasket Job
$ 800 for tires
$ 600 for windows
$ 200 for batteries
That brings it down to $1000. There is a risk factor because who knows if coolant got into the oil and caused damage there. Plus it has been sitting for 2 years and the inside of the engine could be rusty if the coolant and oil got mixed. I'm thinking $500 to $1000 max. What do you guy's think?

I went and checked it out today. Luckily it is close by. It has a broken window in the xtra cab on the passenger side and it also needs a new windshield, tires, sliding rear window, and 2 batteries. The guy said that it needs a new head gaskets. I asked Wyatt (1999 gmc) and he checked alldata and it has the head gasket repair at 16 hours IIRC. After machine shop work, new gaskets, and studs, and labor at a shop here in Sacramento your looking at nearly $2k just for that alone.

Here is how I see it:

In fair condition KBB has it listed at $4600 (this is if it is running).
Subtract out:
$2000 for headgasket Job
$ 800 for tires
$ 600 for windows
$ 200 for batteries
That brings it down to $1000. There is a risk factor because who knows if coolant got into the oil and caused damage there. Plus it has been sitting for 2 years and the inside of the engine could be rusty if the coolant and oil got mixed. I'm thinking $500 to $1000 max. What do you guy's think?

forgot that it sat that long id say your price range is right in the ball park could end up being a darn good truck

The write up said it had new heads. What, did they forget about the gaskets?
Maybe they'll toss in the ladder too.

yea...i had noted that above. It is a 1500 diesel. Thats why were trying to see if the parts would swap from a 1500 to a 2500. Or with how much modification

Front diff will swap right in. The rear diff would swap in as well, but wouldn't be as heavy as the 2500's stock unit, nor have the full floating hubs, and would have smaller brakes.

Back