• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

NV4500 to 4l80E

@Twisted Steel Performance I assume your trans has a mechanical clutch pedal and linkage. any chance you would be able to keep the current trans and install a lighter spring clutch pedal or maybe even a hydraulic master and slave to make for an easy pedal? I'm sure you'd rather stay with a manual if at all possible rather than have to deal with an automatic after so many years of having a manual.

@Twisted Steel Performance I assume your trans has a mechanical clutch pedal and linkage. any chance you would be able to keep the current trans and install a lighter spring clutch pedal or maybe even a hydraulic master and slave to make for an easy pedal? I'm sure you'd rather stay with a manual if at all possible rather than have to deal with an automatic after so many years of having a manual.
My 1989 had a hydraulic clutch

@Twisted Steel Performance in another thread I linked @SnowDrift to a '93 6.5 that was getting parted out so he could get throttle bracket and cruise module. I think the truck is an automatic. Also think it's located in Michigan so not exactly close to you but perhaps someone could scoop it up for you or the seller could arrange shipping it.

Also I'm interested in the clutch and flywheel for sure, possibly the transmission too if it hasn't been sold in a year or so, ego is writing checks the wallet can't cash... 🙃

Hydraulic clutch system .... maybe a auto won't be too bad...

@Twisted Steel Performance in another thread I linked @SnowDrift to a '93 6.5 that was getting parted out so he could get throttle bracket and cruise module. I think the truck is an automatic. Also think it's located in Michigan so not exactly close to you but perhaps someone could scoop it up for you or the seller could arrange shipping it.

Also I'm interested in the clutch and flywheel for sure, possibly the transmission too if it hasn't been sold in a year or so, ego is writing checks the wallet can't cash... 🙃

@SnowDrift has already spoke for the clutch stuff for now.
If he doesn't want it I will only sell as a full kit listed below.

I spent years gathering what I have and I consider it the best clutch that can be for these trucks....
Bolt in ready

Tranny has less than 3K miles, cost was 2500.00
** NLA steel bellhousing - cost me 600.00
braided steel hyd line - 100.00
adjustable clutch pushrod
adjustable throw out bearing -
master & slave - less than 3K miles
southbend clutch kit - balanced & thermal dispersant coated- 3K miles
petal assembly

Back