• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to diesels - 6.5L Suburban

I had an idea.

Mike, are you keeping up with your anti-gel additives? your dying issue possibly sounds like gelling. More than likely it is our friend, the PMD, but who knows?
That's a VERY good point....lets start at the beginning, how's your fuel filter?

Well, I went out to start the Sub this morning and it wouldn't fire. It was -1F, but was plugged in all night, so I called that local diesel shop (K&S Fuel Injection) and they actually drove out to my house with diagnostic tools and a new PMD just in case. It turns out that the PMD was bad, so they replaced it with a Heat Sync unit from Diesel Services Group.

It fired right up and has run fine so far today. I did however have another weird symptom though. While driving back to work the WTS light came on and the voltage meter dropped for a split second. Another problem? Oh and by the way, the dealership that sold me the truck is picking up the tab. Not a bad deal!

Mike

I called that local diesel shop (K&S Fuel Injection) and they actually drove out to my house with diagnostic tools and a new PMD just in case. It turns out that the PMD was bad
Mike

Sounds like great service from them, most places want to sell a new IP

While driving back to work the WTS light came on and the voltage meter dropped for a split second. Another problem? Mike

Possibly a bad CTS? Need someone with more electrical knowledge than me
to say if that could happen.

Make sure that PMD is out of the engine compartment.

Ooops! Didn't read far enough ahead. Turbine Doc beat me to the punch.

Should be able to find a 6' extension harness fromebay no problem. Sooner the better, get it outta that engine bay asap. Did they let you keep the old one?

Hey thanks Packratt & Matt for the referal.

Mike, your WTS light coming on means the glow plugs cycled and will pull some juice, so the gauge will read lower while they cycle.
www.pmdcable.com

as configured I'm estimating 140-150 ish rwhp, that was my 1st dyno in your configuration as listed in your sig, but I had IC, h/o inj, and a Kennedy fooler with F PCM vs S and 90K on clock with 60K on IP.
Hmm....she might be a little better then I thought then. I've got a fresh IP, PMD, and lift pump, so that's all in good shape. I need injectors based on my sub zero white smoke. I think my turbo master is set VERY conservatively, I'll find out very soon when I get the boost gauge hooked up. I wouldn't be surprised to see 5-7psi max out of it after talking with the PO. Turning it up to 10-12 should do her some good I'd think.

Back