• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New project 94 C3500 350

On the fuel pump, what are specs and what is the pump producing for volume and pressure- thats all that counts.

On the fuel pump, what are specs and what is the pump producing for volume and pressure- thats all that counts.
Needs to make at least 8 psi while supplying I believe it's roughly 20 gph. The ep377 is a good upgrade pump. It was used on the 94-95 big blocks that ran at higher pressure.

What I meant with the specs (Ferm to the rescue with info as usual), pressure test what you have from it and if it is below specs, then it could be an issue.

If you get good enough pressure and volume, then it fuel supply is not an issue.

The 94-95 454 ran at higher pressure, but it pumps higher volume at that pressure too. The stock tbi pumps for a small block can BARELY keep up with a stock engine, and the 94-95 pump or the TPI pump was always a good upgrade for them to make sure they held the desired 12 psi at all throttle positions and loads.

Do you think the carter pump will be good enough?

The AC delco is 200 more and I have to buy the pump separate from the sending unit.

Carter should be fine, but I don't see one listed for the 31 gallon rear mount tank. The one rockauto shows is for the front 22 or 34 gallon tank. You can buy the EP377 pump from RA for under $60. Spectra and Delphi are the only 2 I see that say they make one to fit the rear mount 31 gallon tanks for a C3500 NON HD.

Here is what I came up with after I refigured my parts list.

They show 2 options for lock rings, what size do I need or do I just need to get back in there to measure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-04-22-45-11.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-04-22-45-11.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 3
I have put bout 3k on this truck since I brought it home. Some miles have been very slow and right now it is getting slower and still very intermittent.

Friday I worked all day hauling grain, ran rough but not as bad as its worst days. Drove semi all day, got back in and it fired right up. 25 miles home and the last 4 it's cel came on and wouldn't idle. Tried to get codes but the light went off when it died and restarted. Ran bout as good as it did in the AM after I started it back up. This truck is possessed haha

Going to have to measure if theres any question. Even if the light goes out, still check it for codes. Many times they will be stored in memory even if the light isn't on. And not all codes trigger the light anyways.

No codes stored.

So I've got a thread on a gasser forum and they give a reply, then nothing for while then I get a reply here so I'm bouncing info back and forth.

Word is the TBI 454 pump from 94-95 isn't desired really. They say upgrade to a TPI or vortec pump. What is the difference? What is the TPI pump found in?

The only difference is the 94-95 454 pump is designed to run at 30-40, the tpi is meant to run at 45-55. They both supply roughly the same volume.

Back