• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need some help with an EZ-TCI TCM with a 6.5 diesel.

No. One pin to pin 23 common ground on the tcu and the other to pin 12 rpm input Tried reversal on the two pins but no signal. Not sure how to test it
You have to contact both of the wires from the sensor to ez TCU RPM input,

EZ TCU needs square length RPM signal to work and that sensor on the back of the engine provides that if you connect both ends

Go back to settings menu and start as a new tune
See if you can change that

You have to calibrate your TPS sensor again
Just went through the new tune process. Couldn’t set the rpm below 2000. Tried going up to 2100 and pressing the down button it went back down and stopped at 2000

When I completed the tune it tells me to turn off key for 10 seconds but that screen never goes away I have to pull the power plug on the display. Is this normal?

image.jpg

I also noticed that while in the live data looking at the tps %. It will gradually increase as I press the pedal but hits 100% when my foot is at about 60-75% down on the pedal! It’s using the tci tps with a cable. I tried loosing the adjustment on it and recalibrated it again but that didn’t change. I have a factory tps. Would that work better?

image.jpg

When I completed the tune it tells me to turn off key for 10 seconds but that screen never goes away I have to pull the power plug on the display. Is this normal?

View attachment 86076
There are two + 12v inputs for TCU
One is connected to directly to the battery and the second one is for keyed 12v power

at any given time there is power in the TCU

When you turn off the key yes the hand held screen stays on because there is still power in the TCU

I played with it a little more along with giving it it's first oil change. it hadn't been changed since it was parked back in 2021.

I got to looking at the TPS and the linkage. the way it was attached, the cable was pulled all the way at about 60-75% throttle due to the angle. I tried running the tps cable up under the intake to attach from the back side similar to how a kick down cable is on a gasser. this allowed the table to reach 100% at WOT. there wasn't any place to clip the cable hold down at so I zip-tied it to the back intake runner for now just to see if this would work.

also went through the TCI setting for the aggressiveness and shift firmness. both were set low aready but I was able to set them even lower. I still need to play with the "MAX TCC TPS" setting, not sure what a good % would be yet. I will figure that out when I go for another drive.

I'm actually thinking that the factory TPS might be a better fit instead of the TCI cable driven tps. only problem is I will need to pull the intake off the get at the screws to install it. that will be for another day.

OMG!!!! I took the truck out for a spin this morning and it shifts like butter... so smooth you can't hardly feel it change gears. honestly is seems to shift smoother than my 95 now.

I'm curious if when I connect the handheld display to the TCM and go through each setting if it will show me what I had set it to so I can write them down along with posting them here. maybe @Hummer H1 would know that answer.

Now all that's left is to figure out how I can get the factory speedometer to read accurately. the TCM used the rear output speed sensor so at present I have the factory output sensor connector on the input speed sensor so the speedo will at least function. the truck has a Gear Vendors overdrive installed. it has it's own VSSB but I don't know or I can't find enough info to see if it can send the right signal to the speedo.

OMG!!!! I took the truck out for a spin this morning and it shifts like butter... so smooth you can't hardly feel it change gears. honestly is seems to shift smoother than my 95 now.

I'm curious if when I connect the handheld display to the TCM and go through each setting if it will show me what I had set it to so I can write them down along with posting them here. maybe @Hummer H1 would know that answer.

Now all that's left is to figure out how I can get the factory speedometer to read accurately. the TCM used the rear output speed sensor so at present I have the factory output sensor connector on the input speed sensor so the speedo will at least function. the truck has a Gear Vendors overdrive installed. it has it's own VSSB but I don't know or I can't find enough info to see if it can send the right signal to the speedo.
Yes if you connect the hand held back to TCU it will show all your settings,
Don’t be afraid to click on them to view it won’t change the setting unless you press up and down arrow.

On the OEM VSSB on pin 15 is a LT BLU/BLK wire.

That is the 4000 PPM speedo feed.

The TCU has a speedo output on pin 24.

Remove/cut that LT BLU wire from the VSSB conn. and connect

to pin 24 of the TCU.

Page 12 of the TCU manual shows how to set that up and also to calibrate if it is needed.

Back