• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need some help with an EZ-TCI TCM with a 6.5 diesel.

Just for reference (if there is a reluctor in there) here is a couple pics of the sensor and the pigtail. how should I wire this in?
the pigtail has (from left to right) black, blue, and grey wires. the sensor is a three wire ribbon with the center wire having a white stripe on it.

IMG_4825.jpg
IMG_4826.jpg

I’ve got the cover removed but I can’t tell if there is one in the hole or not. Can’t find my inspection mirror so I’m trying to use my phone and camera to see.

IMG_4833.jpegIMG_4828.jpeg

I’m afraid that there isn’t a reluctor ring in there but I did wire the sensor up using the 5v off the factory tps harness and manual test the signal.

Connected the display on the TCM and was able to read up to 150 rpm on the live data just by passing the sensor over some metal several times

I’m thinking that I should go ahead and install the sensor in there and try. If no signal then search for the reluctor. Hopefully it can be installed without pulling the timing cover off!

And if you take the time to post wiring diagram picture, hand drawn even is fine, not just a pdf because we loose those sometimes in updates here-
Start a new thread called: how to install a EZ-tcu transmission controller
Or something similar- including this sensor… It will surely help others in the future.
Probably should be made a sticky because replacement TCM for the older truck, hummer, hmmwv, rv, etc. those things are already getting hard to find.

I used the 3 wire CPS sensor. Wired it just as @Glagulator said. You’ll have to ignore the wire colors since my pigtail is one from a tps sensor. But I grabbed a 5v wire from the old factory tps connector (not sure if the sensor will take 12v. Grounded one lead to the block. And ran the sensor output to the yellow pin12 on the tcu.

To update on what this did. I took the truck out for a spin. Went back through the tci setup process to make sure all was good. It still shifted hard from 1st to 2nd but now in 4th and over 40 mph the TCC will lock automatically now.

Ez TCU is extremely easy,

Make sure your main positive wore input for TCU is directly connected to battery or it will default to shifting at 2600 RPM

You can use RPM signal from back of the engine camshaft driven sensor.

Ez TCU is extremely easy,

Make sure your main positive wore input for TCU is directly connected to battery or it will default to shifting at 2600 RPM

You can use RPM signal from back of the engine camshaft driven sensor.
My camshaft sensor is apparently bad. I need to trace the positive input. There’s still lots of wiring to clean up.

How do you know it’s bad
Did you connect both ends of the sensor wire to Ez TCU RPM input side ?
No. One pin to pin 23 common ground on the tcu and the other to pin 12 rpm input Tried reversal on the two pins but no signal. Not sure how to test it

I want to relocate the tcu to inside the cab but wanted to get it all working first so I can label all the wires I need.

Still need to figure out the speedometer wiring. The tcu used the output speed sensor but the Speedo needs it also. Not sure if the gearvendors unit can do the speedo

Back