• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My luck has gone south....

tanman_2006

Just a farm kid...
Reaction score
It seems my water pump has decide it was time to leave this world.... When I got home from church today I ate lunch and went out to go work on my deer stands but there was a big pool of coolant under my truck :nonod: .

What all has to come off to get the WP out and what (if any) special tools might i need?

Thanks!
Tanner

Thanks for the link!

WOW, that is going to be a PITA, I hope I can lease the tools. Local parts store is pretty limited (not even napa, or other popular store)

I also believe it is recommended to replace the balancer bolt during the reinstall.

Give Henry a call at Creatures of the night I am sure he could set up up with everything you need.

Just an update on the worderful experience of tracking down parts and tools for duramax specific work.

I went to the local mechanics asking for tools and/or what it would cost to have them do the work. Local parts shops dont carry the tools and can't get them, I live in a town of ~600 people so I am limited there. The 2 local mechanics have never worked on a D max and dont really want to. They both want 1200 for regular parts and labor + a fee for them having to buy the specialty tools.

I talked to Darryl at Creatures of the Night and he hooked me up with a tool guy that can get the specailty tools to me for $300. I had to buy a larger torque wrench, mine only went to 150ft lb and is ~5-6 yrs old so it is time for a new one anyways.

So, price total on the whole deal is gonna be:
Dex Cool & WP = ~250
Fan clutch tools = ~300
Torque Wrench = ~300
TOTAL 1eek = $850

If anyone wants/needs to rent the fan clutch and fly wheel tools get a hold of me and we can work something out!

I have a flywheel tool. Kent-Moore J-44643. Don't know how long it will take to get to you.

Doesn't matter, either way it has to be shipped. If you can ship it 2mro then it will likely be faster than buying from a warehouse and them shipping. I can PM you my Address and paypal you for shipping and a deposit or something if you want.

Doesn't matter, either way it has to be shipped. If you can ship it 2mro then it will likely be faster than buying from a warehouse and them shipping. I can PM you my Address and paypal you for shipping and a deposit or something if you want.

I can ship it tomorrow, but you will not get it until Monday if shipped UPS ground. Take a look on the UPS web site, it will ship from 06492.

USPS priority mail would get it there cheaper and faster... if it's the tool I'm thinking of, it will fit in a flat rate video box for $4.95 should even fit in a flat rate envelope(also$4.95)...either way, USPS priority mail would be there by Friday at latest...maybe even Thursday...

Thats fine, I have enough vehicles.... If it takes a week and saves me money that I fine with it. The 93 will still get farm work done.

Good thought Paul. I think it will need to go in the next size up for $10.95 still cheaper than UPS.

Kent-Moore J-44643.jpg

Bill,

It doesn't matter the thickness.. put it in a flat rate envelope and reinforce it with some packing tape...if it fits...it ships! ;)

Way to go guys, that's steppin up to the plate.

Good to see Tanner getting a helping hand.

I'd like to see the R+R if you decide to photo stuff as you do it.

Bill,

It doesn't matter the thickness.. put it in a flat rate envelope and reinforce it with some packing tape...if it fits...it ships! ;)

Well it's on it's way. Went with the box instead of the envelope. I have received things hanging out of the envelopes before and did not want Tanner to get an empty envelope.

An LBZ DIY would be a really nice thing to have.....

Way to go guys, that's steppin up to the plate.

Good to see Tanner getting a helping hand.

I'd like to see the R+R if you decide to photo stuff as you do it.

This is "TheTruckStop" way of doing things! :thumbsup: The site that is truly run for diesel enthusiasts, by diesel enthusiasts! Nice of you Bill. ;) Way to go.

Back