• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looking at buying a cheap K2500

Big Josh

Dieselholic
Reaction score
Hey fellas, well I was looking through my local thrifty nickel and found a clean 1995 K2500 ext cab with 6.5 and 4L80E 4x4. Its cheap. $900 cheap. I talked to the guy that owns it he lives about 70 miles away and has owned for the last ten years and it has never gave him a lick of trouble until now. Its got 300k miles, silverado, new tires and he had the front end rebulit ( bushings, ball joints, brakes) Its a really sharp looking truck. Here's the problem: He had it idling at the gas station, and when he drove off he said it was like someone floored it. So he rode the brakes and got it stopped and had it towed to his house. It will crank but will not start. Someone told him it was a crank position sensor. I'm thinking PMD or injection pump. I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it or is it a waste of money? If I go to look at it I have another PMD and the tools to put it on plus I would be taking my Snap On scanner as well as other stuff

My old PMD did that while cruising down the road. Freaked me right out. My guess is that's what the problem is on that truck. Of course I have to recommend doing the 6.5 checklist before going any further.

Shouldn't matter to you what is wrong with it until you buy it. If you are paying 900, and the rest of it looks and appears good or OK, you can part it out for close to $3,000. Running or not, it is a win win for you.

x2. Motors worth more than that. well it should be anyway. I can't give my two trucks away. should have taken the 7k for both trade in.

900 $ ???? Oh shit, I come over and buy every truck for this price and sell them as parts in germany. A few of them and you should get your frist 1.000.000 EURO !

900 $ ridiclious ! Buy it and if don't get it running, part it out - you'll get MORE than 900 bucks.

Another reason, that I'm in the wrong country.

Cu,
Sven

I paid 1k for mine, wiht a Fisher MM plow, let just say i bought the plow and the truck came with it. A few hundred dollars later and i was driving the truck. And here i am almost 30k down the road and she is still goin.... What ever you do dont use starting fluid to try and get it to start... Just a word of advice... But yes buy it and then get back here and we will help you get er runnin!!!!

Well I'm gonna go look at it on tuesday. Unless it is a useless pile of junk its as good as sold. When I get back to the house I'll have to take some pics of my $900 jewel. BTW I got an IP from my buddy at the Chevy house, it came of a 94. It was supposed to be bad but the PMD was the real culprit. So I got good PMD and pump for $80 bucks. Sometimes it really pays to know people. I know it would burn that guys butt if I went up there put the pump on and drove away.

If the IP you got off your buddy is a mod. # 5068 it won't run properly, that pump was specific to 94 H.O. models.

Leo

900 $ ???? Oh shit, I come over and buy every truck for this price and sell them as parts in germany. A few of them and you should get your frist 1.000.000 EURO !

900 $ ridiclious ! Buy it and if don't get it running, part it out - you'll get MORE than 900 bucks.

Another reason, that I'm in the wrong country.

Cu,
Sven
I got two ready to ship...:D

So without further delay my $900 ( well about $1050 after fuel and eatin) let me know whay ya'll think

DSCN0573.jpg

DSCN0568.jpg

DSCN0567.jpg

Back