• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

lift pump

it depends on if you have the crank position reluctor ring. if you do, get the shorter snub. if you dont, get the longer one. i did have the ring, so i got the right dampner, and boy was the old one screwed up screwed up. definitely taking my flexplates out, im glad i found something that was doing it :D. on the lift pump though, i have the motor out for revamping purposes, and put direct power to the LP. it makes a sound like it has current going through it, no chugging like a normal fuel pump does though and only gives me about 3 PSI also

so what is the best lift pump available out there? preferrably one i dont have to wait a week to get either, one truck for three drivers is getting very stressful :hihi:

I would ask Leroy (burning oil) if he can get you a Walbro FRB5 in short order, and he has the fittings to attach to stock steel line fittings, or you can cut the lines and just push 3/8" hose over them and clamp them down. Or flare the ends, ect....

so what is the best lift pump available out there? preferrably one i dont have to wait a week to get either, one truck for three drivers is getting very stressful :hihi:

OK never mind my post about not being able to get a pump to you quickly. I can have you to you in about 3 days from time of order. Will post info with AK's quote below.
higher than stock or walbro?

I have a line on a brand new Walbro max psi is 16.5 and 50 gph. I will have an introdutory buy in for $125 on the first 5 ordered.
After that will be $140.
This new pump is dimentionaly the same pump as the frb-5.
I'll start a new post with the offer.

When you say dimensioanlly the same, it is in the same body? Or just lengthwise with a larger body? I like when things look beefier.

These pumps are brand new to the market and I think will become a very big seller, so to answer your question. I have not had one in my hands yet, but am told they will be phisically the same outside dimentions. Im sure something has changed like maybe an inner bore size or ???????? just not sure at this point.

Is this the FRB28 we have heard about in the past? I wonder if Walbro is marketing them for all newer diesel trucks too.

I am hoping it is a updated pump in there and not just a stiffer spring that wont deadhead as soon, thats my only worry, which hopefully Walbro addresses.

Walbro FRB5 specs, a good pump
http://wem.walbro.com/distributors/FR/FRB-5.htm

I was happy to see that it is
Reverse Voltage Protected
Transient Voltage Protection

That means you can use regular automotive relays for it and not worry so much about the relay coil supression stuff with diodes and resistors.

Last edited:
No its not the FBR28, completly new. These pumps according to my supplier would be great for the new Cummins motor also.
I have to leave for a couple hours now, but will post up a new thread with info when I get back.

Back