• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Kojo tune

wagon50

Reaction score
I have a 1996 6.5 4"exhaust 3" down pipe 2.5 cross over cai and a turbo master I called vegout for a tune I was having prob with defuelin while towin I rececved my ECM yesterday put it in and all I can say is WOW everything I had hoped for and more. Pullin my empty car trailor was pullin 13-14 psi easy came home and thought let's just see if it has good bottom end hit brakes spooled up turbo front tires started slidin then the back started spinnin like crazy did I metion I have a dually this was with my trailor hooked up can't wait to put new injectors in thanks to kojo. Has anyone ever tryed puttin a edge pod in our trucks from a 7.3 6.6or 6.7 and just use it for a gauge cluster I know they make the insite for our trucks but there 500

I towed with my truck today about 700 miles half with empty trailor half loweded with a mustang Truck worked awsome went throw some hills in kentucky pulled 16psi with now prob the only thing i didnt like was the IAT was runnin around 220 on some hills but thats my dumdass fault for the intake set up im going to change it i also have new injectors ready to go in if anybody is wanting a tune give these guys a call

Not that I know of, I don't think it will even read the 96-00 6.5 pcm parameters, i'm not up on all the tuning though so I could be wrong.

Too limited in function for the price on these trucks. Most of the pid's it supports are not supported by the 6.5 architecture. Because of this,many of it's higher functions (mpg, %load, etc) won't work or will be flat out incorrect. That's on obdII trucks, which your 96 is.

You're better off with a good egt gauge, boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, etc...

Any more of you running the KOJO tune?
I'm thinking about gettin one(tow tune)but I like to get some input(good or bad) from users before i commit.

i love mine. once i got used to the power and i started slowing down it did improve my mileage so now i got 17 mpg in the city. it added a lot more power and made my truck actually a blast to drive.

I used a Kojo tune and can tell you that he definitely knows what he is doing. I wouldn't be afraid to buy a tune from Kojo. The customer service is great as well.

And Aces is right, I am running Buddy's tune right now. I am in need of some custom tuning; and being able to compare different programs, has been a real, real nice thing. Buddy also does an excellent job tuning and I like the multiple programs, I have mileage and performance tunes on one chip.

I'm not afraid of buying from friend Kojo
I just want to know if people are happy with his programs,.
I just need some education cause that tuning stuff is alien to me.

Simon, you need an OBD2 tune, so either Heath, KOJO, Westers, or Kennedy.

There are some cost factors involved, as well as the old shipping problems, but (other than those easily-quantifiable factors), you need to know that everybody will sing the praises of the girl they're currently dancing with.

Meaning everybody has an opinion, and everyone thinks they're right.

For what it's worth...

I like my Westers but would trade it for any of the other three, I haven't tried the others but Kojo's and Heath's have more current versions that have a lot more tweaking.

Being obd1 I would get a multiple buddy tune though.

I think there are a couple threads detailing peoples Kojo experiences, THMark and DetroitDan. Terry realized gains right away, but for any of these programs he eventually found the criticality of being equipped with the 4" exhaust and the right air filter setup. And Dan spent time realizing the importance of LP pressure and its affect on performance. Any one of the programs will be better power than stock, but got to have the truck set up to do it as safe as possible and get the most out of it. Kojo happens to be the least expensive. I would recommend the Kojo program and then Heath.

Not too shoot anyone's tune down, like Jim said everyone seems happy with any of the usual suspects.....But Bill (Heath) seems to be very technically informed and detailed as to what is safe while pulling the most performance out of everything he offers......That said, he is usually the most expensive, but I'm always amazed as to the info provided when speaking to him, as he explains aspects that seem unrelated, but after you hear his research and development it is clear that his MANY years of experience shine thru in his tunes as well as all his products.

JMO and 2 Cents

Guys this tune is a real good deal i just bought a new heath cold air kit put it on and it wont pull 17psi like it did before but no prob pullin 15-16 psi had a stupid open element k&n im pulling a 11,000 pd 5er wthout a prob cant do that on a stock pcm just installed a new radiator and 2 new electic fans

Back