• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Kojo tune

Had the month of June on vaction pulled my high front 5r almost 500 miles with my 6.5 did a great job pulled in some decent grade hiles in southern IL ect never had it passed 213 had to get a runnin head start on a few hills 75mph at start of hill and 38mph at top avarged 8-9mpg pulls easily 70-75mph on flat ground The other day we were going racing I had my drag car on my open car trailor witch is a 78 Ford Fairmont wagon that weights 3300lbs stoped at my brothers house he told me to smokem off so i spooled it ip and low and behold 12 psi and 4 tires blazin smoke it was cool as hell This is a real good tune and air box

That's a Kojo tune, or someone elses?

BTW, that is very impressive, with the trailer loaded :agreed::sifone:

I'm with you Simon. I left my Burb stock this time around. Vac wastegate and all and the truck runs fine, pulls fine and is probably the only one I have owned that didn't massively overheat or blow egts through the roof. JMHO but I will never tune another one. It runs fine the way it is. The only upgrades I do now are 4 inch exhaust and fan clutch mod. Both my Heath tunes made the trucks run like they were on fire but they also made them run hot. The v2 wasn't that bad but the GL4 was way too hot IMHO for towing.
Throw a DB2 on it then you can tune it yourself for free with a screwdriver and an allen key....:rof:

I towed the camper with the Sub locally, power-wise it is great, easily accelerates as well as the 3500 did. And this thing is bone-stock, stock exhaust with soot trap and all. 3:73s are amazing. What I didn't like was the tires, which turned out to be P series, not LTs after I bought them. Oh well, using them anyway, but they are sloppy so the trailer pushed me all over the place, even with a WD hitch. Some LT tires and a sway control and it would be nice. I'd still worry about heat on the big hills, my 97 with good cooling got pretty hot a few times. Keep wanting to start doing the same mods to the Sub, but it drives so darn good stock I can't see messing with it. Now it's my daily driver because I need something economical. Who'da thought a 2500 Sub diesel would be the cheaper rig to operate? Gets at least twice the fuel mileage as the gas truck.

So I used my gasser to haul the camper up north for vacation last week. Bone stock 454 walked the hills way better than my 97 ever did, except for last summer when I had done the ATT, FTB and the Kojo tune. That last run was phenomenal, except my new Remington tires were squishy and I got pushed around a little if I got over 60. Pretty happy with this 454 truck, it's got no shortage of power, and if I could get this carb right I'd be even happier.

I got a little frustrated in a parking lot, and rapped the throttle a little too hard. Couldn't believe it when the rear tires spun. This is a lot of tongue weight on a receiver hitch with no WD bars. I bet with less money in mods I can make this big block really sing.

I towed the camper with the Sub locally, power-wise it is great, easily accelerates as well as the 3500 did. And this thing is bone-stock, stock exhaust with soot trap and all. 3:73s are amazing. What I didn't like was the tires, which turned out to be P series, not LTs after I bought them. Oh well, using them anyway, but they are sloppy so the trailer pushed me all over the place, even with a WD hitch. Some LT tires and a sway control and it would be nice. I'd still worry about heat on the big hills, my 97 with good cooling got pretty hot a few times. Keep wanting to start doing the same mods to the Sub, but it drives so darn good stock I can't see messing with it. Now it's my daily driver because I need something economical. Who'da thought a 2500 Sub diesel would be the cheaper rig to operate? Gets at least twice the fuel mileage as the gas truck.

So I used my gasser to haul the camper up north for vacation last week. Bone stock 454 walked the hills way better than my 97 ever did, except for last summer when I had done the ATT, FTB and the Kojo tune. That last run was phenomenal, except my new Remington tires were squishy and I got pushed around a little if I got over 60. Pretty happy with this 454 truck, it's got no shortage of power, and if I could get this carb right I'd be even happier.

I got a little frustrated in a parking lot, and rapped the throttle a little too hard. Couldn't believe it when the rear tires spun. This is a lot of tongue weight on a receiver hitch with no WD bars. I bet with less money in mods I can make this big block really sing.

It's hard to beat the 454 for power

Back