• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Keep an eye open

Counting the number of heads I have had on MY truck I have a 48V 6.2! Just uses 16 at a time... Saves wear on the other 32!

I couldn't find my "sarcasm" button, and for some reason the emoticons wouldn't post so I couldn't put a :ROFL: at the end of my reply.

Besides, counting the pair of cracked heads, now paper weights, sitting on the floor of the garage that came off my '94, my '94 is a 32V by your math, Warwagon!:hihi: Weird, that time the emoticon posted, but their pop up went off the edge of the screen so I had only about six to choose from. Electron gremlins, I bet.

So they e-mailed me a copy of it. I can't zoom in on any of the pictures, and can barely read the tiny writing, but of what I could read, it turned out pretty good. Some of the numbers are too tiny to tell a far as the tiny print under the pictures so I don't know if that all came out correct, but so far so good. Hope you guys enjoy it when it comes out.

Will this article be on their website or print only?

I have managed to zoom a little and it may or may not say my injectors have larger nozzles haha we will have to see when it comes out

Ya know, if people start paying too much attention to our boat anchors, were gonna have to pay more for stuff. Kinda like the cko turbos jumping up in price after they figured out we liked em. Double edged sword here.

Good point.

No matter what they do though, it takes a wrench to keep 'em going, so they'll quickly find out how cool they are.. (where they stand)..

Ya know, if people start paying too much attention to our boat anchors, were gonna have to pay more for stuff. Kinda like the cko turbos jumping up in price after they figured out we liked em. Double edged sword here.

Agreed, like the turbo dodges I drive and fix, we used to be able to buy them for cheap until Shelby died, :(

Awesome, I saw that blurb in the back of this last issue and I am really looking forward to reading it, I'm kinda tired if all the powerstroke info and builds -_- so this is a welcome change.

Awesome, I saw that blurb in the back of this last issue and I am really looking forward to reading it, I'm kinda tired if all the powerstroke info and builds -_- so this is a welcome change.

not just powerstroke, if its a PSD, cummins or duramax, you add a lift, programmer, intake and exhaust, custom paint, stupid wheels, drive it around town, dont pull with it, and you got yourself a feature article.

I will admit that most of the trucks are actually built fairly heavily in the features but that is just it, how many people can relate to a $50,000+ rig? Most people that read DPM can't afford to build to those levels. And you forgot to mention that those dodges do tow everyday; they just ghost tow. My pet peeve are people who have those dodge towing mirrors flipped open when not towing. Drives me insane. There is a kid here at college ghost towing everyday. Sure looks like a big load today. Upwards of 20k I'm guessing haha

One look at the west coaster mirrors I have and the flipped up or down Dodge debate is simply stupid.

New the rigs cost $50,000. Then you add the upgrades... Strangely enough there are people that can afford them. Although most "Work trucks" I see are not modded to the extreme. Maybe new wheels and a lift. Tune standard. After that it becomes a 'toy'.

The turbo upgrade to the 6.5 is under the extreme mod class for other trucks. Although it is practical and almost required for a 6.5 work truck it is not needed on most others.

Congrats 6.5L!

Like most issues, I simply breezed through the pages of my issue of DPM, once again disappointed in the articles like I always am wondering why I still pay for a subscription to this crappy magazine.....

And like always after finding nothing of interest to me I flip to the back to see if there is ANY hope for next issue, and low and behold THIS TIME THERE IS!! I knew exactly who it was when I saw the picture and the 275 rwhp in the description, its you!

I agree with everything you guys have said so far. Every time they mention the 6.2/6.5 its almost always in a negative light, like when they talked about gas vs diesel and how diesel is easier to get power out of (EXCEPT 6.2/6.5s they said). It really irks me.

Like the doomsday diesel, what a joke! Dana 60 front, sweet I'm all over that, 80s 3/4 burb, awesome, 5.9 cummins, are you serious? Like I don't read enough about cummins swaps in that mag. Want a real doomsday diesel? How about a rebuilt NA 6.2 with some cold start upgrades. It will run forever if kept cool, will start well at low temps, won't suffer from turbo problems in various environment, will run on just about anything, and the power won't break anything else on the truck! But I guess a 6.2 isn't cool enough.

I am sick of ghost tows too haha 6.5L. I live in a college town so all my fellow ag students who think they are something else with there cummins drive around with the mirrors flipped out like they juts got finished hauling cars across the country or something.

And where do these people get their money to build these trucks? Just like Husker said most of the feature articles are simply advertisements for shops that did all the work and the catalog of products that got bolted on to the truck. All the owner had to do was smile and write the check. I mean come on. No innovation, no hard work, just a bunch of overpriced crap. Did you guys see the picture of the guy that owns the black dodge on the cover of this month's issue holding his expensive fox shocks? He looks like he couldn't tell the difference between an inline six and a v8!

Sorry for the rant but you guys struck a nerve with me ha as I read your posts. It has ALWAYS been my dream to get my truck as a feature in DPM, maybe someday I will. Anyways congrats 6.5L! I liked your LTE too. It's about time those guys get a mouthful. I think they are starting to get the point that not everybody with a diesel has 50K+ to drop on a truck, and that there are ACTUALLY people driving IDIs still!

Looking forward to the article! It's too bad their "budget" (which seems to be large enough to undertake some of these madly expensive projects like project triple threat, doomsday diesel, or the sleeper max, or that trailer tow thing) wouldn't allow them to do a full story like your 6.5 deserves.

I am gonna put a diesel in my 71 and I want it to be as bolt in as possible, maybe I should write in and ask what I should put in it :) what they wouldn't know is that I have already decided on a NA 6.2.....

It wasn't a bad article. I got a copy of it. 4 pages actually. A lot of pictures but it turned out nice. and I am with you VBD11 on everything. Got to love the old 6.2's/6.5's. Don't get me wrong, I still wouldn't mind a direct injected diesel, even a first gen dodge, but in this time and day, I feel like most people can relate more to my article than most of the other ones. And I am surprised as many people recognized my LTE as they did. It was mostly a half buzzed e-mail but I am kind of impressed they published it. Not only was there a write up, but they published a buzzed email I wrote. As far as I am concerned, win-win for me hahahaha I do regret sounding like such an ass though

And where do these people get their money to build these trucks? Just like Husker said most of the feature articles are simply advertisements for shops that did all the work and the catalog of products that got bolted on to the truck. All the owner had to do was smile and write the check. I mean come on.

It's about time those guys get a mouthful. I think they are starting to get the point that not everybody with a diesel has 50K+ to drop on a truck, and that there are ACTUALLY people driving IDIs still!

I have no idea, I see these new trucks everyday, they are all jacked up, chipped up, big tires etc so we are talking $75,000 plus, wtf?

We will never be mainstream, why? it doesn't sell magazines, even though readers can't afford it, they don't care, they want to see Dmax's, Cummins etc vs a built lowly 300 hp 6.5L. But why do we care? The less press the better for us, we get to keep our "outdated POS's" that are reliable and relatively cheap to fix and soup up and the best part, we can buy trucks that don't run for pennies on the dollar. Try that with a DMax etc. We can rebuild our trucks for the cost of parts and labour for a set of DI injectors, :thumbsup: :hihi:

I highly doubt more coverage of 6.5L's would hack prices up. I would bet money on it. What I am hoping for is for aftermarket companies to realize the almost cult like following the 6.5L has and capitalize on it with new aftermarket upgrades and advances in technology. Will it happen, no. But a guy can dream.

Back