• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Injector Nozzles

Been playing around a little, and think I might be on to something. I got a stock nozzle to produce a very fine mist at low fuel output,and at high fuel output. It also chirps and squeals nicely. I tested and modified lots of nozzles,and never seen any do this. Now I need to build 7 more. The marine nozzles that I'm running currently are sticking again,I'm convinced they are no good.

A few years ago I drilled a set of nozzles,and thought it didn't work. I just drilled to big the first time.

My first attempt was .060 I think ? I pop tested the Monarch nozzles at .042,.057,and.065. Then tested a stock 304 nozzle at .042,and it beats anything I tested yet. All the nozzles I ever checked,had .040 holes,this includes VW,Mercedes,stock 6.2,304 and Marine 311.

Well I drilled another one,but it leaks,If I had brand new nozzles possibly it would work. The only nozzles that I have that are any good are the Monarchs. I drilled a few of them with no leaks,but still not what I wanted. So I took an undrilled one and cut the needle tip,and changed the angle of the flat spot. This gave it a very fine wide spray. So far I got three done,but it's impossible to get them to spray exactly the same. It's hard to grind something that's so tiny that you can barely see it.

Weeeeelllllllll how about this? Take and get one spraying how you want it to and then take it to someone with the proper machining tools to replicate the exact same thing for all 8 injectors that way you don't have uneven spray patterns causing differences from injector to injector. I picture that really mucking stuff up honestly due to misbalancing...

I timed myself,50 min to swap injectors. Only two of the marine nozzles are good. The motor seems to like the new wide spay pattern. It idles higher,and has more of an even timing clatter.

I timed myself,50 min to swap injectors. Only two of the marine nozzles are good. The motor seems to like the new wide spay pattern. It idles higher,and has more of an even timing clatter.

Next post- hey y'all, I bent rods again!

So, does it make more power? Or just more driveability?

They are bent,but none broke yet. Not sure if power increased or not. Mainly it sounds better at part throttle light load and idle. It still has a random miss at idle when cold,must be #6 ,since that rod is bent pretty good.

Back