• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX40 wII turbo

Thanks Mike
I will have to check the data plate on mine when I get off work. Is there already a list generated of the more desireable LPs?

Also not sure if anybody has a "kit style feed the beast mod" for DB2 injection pump... About the best you'll be able to do is get the inlet cone from the 7.3 DB2 pumps and come up with your own fitting.

The GM DB2 pumps used a 1/4" inlet line / fitting.
The International 7.3 DB2 pumps used a 3/8" inlet line / fitting

There are many lift pumps (LP's) that are more desirable then stock. Could check with Leroy Diesel about the walbro lift pumps he carries

As far as desirable Injection pumps (IP's)... you may get several different answers to that, I'll leave that one alone. There are many more knowledgeable people with much more experience then I to get advice from.

I wanted to get the opinion of 'racedaymechanic' specifically and some help if you can on a build of my 6.2. I run it in my CUCV 1009 with 38" tires and 4:56 gears. 400 Turbo transmssion. I wanted to buy a Genuine Holset HX35/40 Hybrid with a quick spool turbine wheel. Can you give me your opinion of this set up please?

Don't bother with any form of quickspool option. Your probably going to be spinning that thing to the moon on the highway so I'd simply go with an HX40 with either a 14 or 16 cm housing. I think the 12 cm will have you boosting way too much on the highway.

Thanks but I should also add this; she is trailered to location, so top end long distance driving is fairly minimal... I'd like low end torque for 4wheeling so if this makes any difference I wanted to share it.

Thanks but I should also add this; she is trailered to location, so top end long distance driving is fairly minimal... I'd like low end torque for 4wheeling so if this makes any difference I wanted to share it.

Ok, then get the HX35 and put a larger compressor wheel on. Mine spools literally off idle but I do realize my setup is slightly different. Others have like the HX35 on the OE manifolds.

Back