• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How to replace the fuel cutoff solenoid in a DB2

That is true, though I do want this one ready and reliable enough that I can just hop in and get to work in the event my 95 breaks down.

I have a short list of "things to do" on the 93 first besides needing tires, but overall it needs to be driven and get the cob-webs blown out

To update this thread, I finally got around to pulling the upper intake off the engine. I pulled the top of the IP off on both this truck and the one on the 6.2 engine I have on the stand.

when I pulled the top off the IP on this 93 truck I found that someone has taken the fuel shutoff solenoid lever and broken it off! see photos below. now that I installed the top cover from the 6.2 engine and connected the right wires to the solenoid, when I turn off the key the engine immediately shuts off where as before with the solenoid that was remotely mounted with the return lines is was a slow shutdown and sometimes did what I call "dieseling" like a gasser does when hot or out of time!

IP top from the 93 truck
IMG_4893.jpg

Here they are together first one is off the 6.2 engine I have.
IMG_4892.jpg

The remote solenoid the PO had inline with the return lines, now has been removed completly
IMG_4886.jpg

Back