• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L HMMWV 6.5

Interesting, it opened for me from this thread. Details say just 1200 miles on it, though I don’t know how you verify that. I’m told that civilian manifold won’t fit and you need different heads. Would need civilian exhaust manifolds. IP is mechanical. I’m sure I missed some stuff.IMG_1189.png

Commonly the go water fording and don’t dc the fan hub. Fan shatters from trying to become a propeller under water.

Mileage is very believable- tons of low miles Hmmwvs being sold without any miles to speak of for around $10g. People do a LS, cummins or dmax swap.
If they were legal to title in this state - I would be buying from auction, make shiny and sell for descent profit.

Adapting in the truck intake would be a pain from bolt angle. I did the reverse on mine using that intake and turbo onto mine that basically has a truck intake minus the ffm mounts.
That db2 could be altered into 12v for about $200.

You could remove the turbo and block of the oil ports. Sell it and the exhaust manifolds with up pipes. Then buy the adapter piece for coming from the inner cooler from ModMafia and make your own hose adapter.

Commonly the go water fording and don’t dc the fan hub. Fan shatters from trying to become a propeller under water.

Mileage is very believable- tons of low miles Hmmwvs being sold without any miles to speak of for around $10g. People do a LS, cummins or dmax swap.
If they were legal to title in this state - I would be buying from auction, make shiny and sell for descent profit.

Adapting in the truck intake would be a pain from bolt angle. I did the reverse on mine using that intake and turbo onto mine that basically has a truck intake minus the ffm mounts.
That db2 could be altered into 12v for about $200.

You could remove the turbo and block of the oil ports. Sell it and the exhaust manifolds with up pipes. Then buy the adapter piece for coming from the inner cooler from ModMafia and make your own hose adapter.
Buy them. Ship them to Montana, I’ll title them for You. Have to have the vehicle here though, LEO has to do a SN inspection on the tag, or frame, then rdcord that on the paper work.

Here is the fuel T fitting from ModMafia.com

The fitting goes in between your incoming hose and the ip.
You screw the fuel pressure sending unit into the 1/8” port on the side. Only thing you have to add is the fuel pressure sending unit. With it screwed in nothing can leak, you could drive truck and do the gauge part later if needed.
I posted pics of one installed on a hummer intake- that is really tight but fits. The truck intake has a little more room there.
IMG_9262.jpeg

Here is the intake pieces they have custom cast from aluminum to still use the center mount turbo and add an inner cooler in case someone wants to go that way.
IMG_9259.pngIMG_9260.png

Normally the three ports just all connect together. The large round port in the middle is output of turbo and blows boosted air into the two rectangles. These parts have the turbo boosted air going out the big pipe in middle, you plumb to inner cooler, then coming out of inner cooler the one line is split into two and goes into the two side pieces that go there the rectangular holes and into each log of the intake.
So to use a side mount turbo, you could ignore the center part and leave it, or cut it off and only use the rectangular parts. Make your own hoses and “Y” adapter coming off your inner cooler or off your turbo.

If altering just cut away where I marked in red on third picIMG_9259.pngIMG_9260.pngIMG_9265.jpeg

Here is the fuel T fitting from ModMafia.com

The fitting goes in between your incoming hose and the ip.
You screw the fuel pressure sending unit into the 1/8” port on the side. Only thing you have to add is the fuel pressure sending unit. With it screwed in nothing can leak, you could drive truck and do the gauge part later if needed.
I posted pics of one installed on a hummer intake- that is really tight but fits. The truck intake has a little more room there.
View attachment 84934

Dang, a 50% mark up vs summit. 🤔

Of course I see nothing wrong with that mark up, if folks can't search for stuff themselves and find it at a lower cost then by all means charge them for it..
Do you have a link to the Summit part?
Not right off, I just bought a few myself for tranny temp and other gauge places so I know they are much less and readily available.

Of course I see nothing wrong with that mark up, if folks can't search for stuff themselves and find it at a lower cost then by all means charge them for it..
You have to know the description of what you're searching for.
I searched on their site and never found it.
I still don't know what to enter for search.

And I'm not positive what exactly I need.

Will these work?

Do I need a 6 AN to 3/8 hose barb to do with it?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Exactly right!
They aren’t a vendor here but I link them because I know they traced it down and offer it to 6.5 community- and not sure the exact size of the fitting.

Long pointless talking ahead- onlybread if bored…
The glow plug removal tool for instance is $65 from Leroy and $114 from Mod Mafia. MM includes shipping prices- but is still WAY more expensive than other options.

They are not for poor boys like me. But the only thing they sell (currently) that I oppose is the mechanical lift pump.
They are really a repair shop. They just have so many people that kept asking them “can you order it but instead of installing it, ship to me” that he caved in and Started doing it.
Dude is not competitive pricing for sure.

Yall heard me saying for years someone should sell these to the 6.5 market- he is the only one to do so. As some of you know- just having a website to sell stuff on is expensive- So I can’t say his sky high prices are wrong. He has to build that cost in there alongside he bought the hummer forum. Instead of letting it close down.

He doesn’t steal from people by selling fake parts and only heard of one in shop customer that was not happy- and doing tons of hummers, vipers, and whatever else they do- thats a hard thing to manage. He is just the epitome of willing to pay higher prices for the right product and back up with good warranty.
6.5 pickup world doesn’t work out that way, too many broke customers like me. Then too many people that have the money and are just unwilling to part with it.

Like that inner cooler adapter or the urova turbo he sells- there isn’t another comparable thing out there. The peninsular turbo was comparable in performance but one is a talking point the other is a real part a person can buy- just gotta pony up hard for it. But if a person wants the peninsular one it will be more expensive to find, buy used, have rebuilt, then there is no warranty.

If a vendor here sold them- I would link them instead of him. If someone adds the link to the proper size one from summit, that would be helpful. Mark almost never checks up on the hummer forum and he owns it now. He surely never comes here. So not like I get brownie points for linking to him. I just appreciate when people bring to market or make easier to find parts our community needs.

How many years did I say heat sink big enough for 2 pmd. Sell a plug for spare & premounuted pmd to keep connections clean. Bluehummer.com made the connection part and MM now sells a dual pmd holder for hummers from my suggestion. Expensive as heck but car show quality and replaces an ugly battery hold down in hummers.

I promote companies who
1. Support the 6.5, hummer, (Willys in future) community.
2. Dont lie to people and rip off.
MM prices are sky high- he never says his price is low- but his service is good.

Places like ss diesel are priced ok but complete rip offs. No warranty, tons of people burned, but they offer some stuff no one else does. I never recommend them. When someone needs specifically what they have and no one else, I tell them, but let them know it’s a crooked shop and they are roll in the dice…

Back