• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gathering info and parts for a DB2 conversion

One other thing I noticed that I had not seen before was the distance between passenger side exhaust manifold and the injector line nuts. they are extremely close. I didn't try them with a wrench but it doesn't look like there is enough clearance for the nut to turn and be removed from the injectors without having to loosen or pull the manifold ! I assume this is not normal?IMG_4431.jpgIMG_4432.jpgIMG_4435.jpgIMG_4436.jpg

6.2 injectors normally use the long bodies vs the 6.5 that uses short body injectors. So you run into clearance issues with a 6.5 turbo manifold with 6.2 long body injectors. Simple fix is it either get 6.5 injectors, or Ive seen guys space the manifold off the head with a aftermarket manifold flange sandwiched between the head and manifold.

Also your pump is a normal .290 6.2 pump. Not worth building if your looking for more power. But if you just want a stock setup you can probabply get close too 200hp with is cranked up all the way.

Back