• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gasser mods???

Yeah, we both had one. Mine was a 94 and his was a 96. We embarrassed alot of unsuspecting people. I do remember long stints at 130 on I-10 between Houston and Beaumont. There was also a Dodge Dakota RT that attempted to NOT let us pass...He was mistaken at just how fast those 9C1's were...Especially with some bolt'on's...

Ask Andy...He drove my car all the way from Louisiana up to Jersey.

I remember the R/T...wanted to drive all slow...then it opened up to two lanes.....he needed more than that 360 to keep ahead of us once that lane opened up.....and one unsuspecting car was an early 90s ..corvette..he was passed real quick at 122:willynilly:....on that trip mentioned I ran a porshe and a 7 series BMW up to 127...when it was no longer safe to go faster:D

Yeah, we both had one. Mine was a 94 and his was a 96. We embarrassed alot of unsuspecting people. I do remember long stints at 130 on I-10 between Houston and Beaumont. There was also a Dodge Dakota RT that attempted to NOT let us pass...He was mistaken at just how fast those 9C1's were...Especially with some bolt'on's...

Ask Andy...He drove my car all the way from Louisiana up to Jersey.

Well have to start a Caprice thread, i love hearing about them, Sorry to the orig. poster for off topic.

...so I'm guessing that was you that made the "run" through that tunnel??

Yea I did make that run through the tunel...actually was thinkin about sayin that.....115 through there...it was dark at the time I was nervous about the cops..you know how PA is....along the whole toll road like 400 miles.....traveled it in like less than 3 hours...LOL..if that was directed to me

Perhaps I'll create a "hotrod thread".

Any votes to keep from hijacking other people's?

Yea I did make that run through the tunel...actually was thinkin about sayin that.....115 through there...it was dark at the time I was nervous about the cops..you know how PA is....along the whole toll road like 400 miles.....traveled it in like less than 3 hours...LOL..if that was directed to me

O damn, so you had an STS Silverado also?

No, I'm just asking, I was talking to Tim Z about his STS Silverado, then you chimed in and said that was you with the STS Silverado in the "tunnel vid".

No worries about highjacking the thread. I have a lot of the info I was looking for from what you all have said so thanks for that.

We'll have to see what I can do to the 5.3 to wake it up.

If you can handle the down time, sending the ECM out for a "hard tune" is the way to go. You'll see ALOT more of a gain with that, than going with a handled tuner.

If you can handle the down time, sending the ECM out for a "hard tune" is the way to go. You'll see ALOT more of a gain with that, than going with a handled tuner.

X2..I have a few tunes from PCMsfor Less and Wait4Me done to my 04, and to tell you the truth, it helped but it wasn't earthshattering. The PCMforLess tune had way too much knock even with 93 octane. The Wait4Me was a little smoother. As far as mileage, it was dead even with stock, which was around 11. Either way, a custom tuned ECM is a bit better than the hand helds. However, if you like to tinker, the handhelds may be better.

BTW, if you want to see a sick twin turbo Silverado, look up a guy on the LS1tech boards named Parrish. There are a few videos out about him. The dyno video is sweet.

P.S.

I'm reasearching a better way for MPGs on my wifes Denali. That pig(the Denali) is stuck at 10 mpg no matter what I do.

Nope...It's the new 6.2 liter. Believe it or not, my 02 Yukon XL with 90K runs circles around this thing. It just got slower and slower over time.

For you guys looking to get better mileage from your wives' SUVs, a wooden block under the accelerator pedal to keep her foot out of it would be a good place to start.:D

Back