• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

fuel additive lubrication chart

This was it in its true form as originally posted by Spicer.

We will here shortly have our own version available and we'll stick it too.

Attachments

• DTR Lubricity.pdf
    130.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I thought on the one I read that it showed the performance of 30wt oil. Could be my oldtimers again though.

Is the Opti lube XPD available now?

The study said it wasn't on the market yet.

Also I guess the SAE 30 would perform close to the 2 stroke results......Maybe add an extra 1/2 oz. to bring lubricating properties up a little more.

The standyne additive performed crappy considering how expensive it is.

It at least used to be possible to order the XPD directly from the optilube website,
I've been using it for the past year. unfortunately I've only owned the 6.5L
for a year so I don't have any hard data to add on 'improved' lubricity...
at least it hasn't destroyed anything!):h
I need to get some more of that stuff too, hopefully it's still available

Here we go again... makes me want to go buy B100 to use as lube........

If you do this start investing in extra filters. Bio cleans out your tank and lines free of charge. Also to make it easy start with a low mixture and work the bio numbers higher.

I have been running XPD since this study came out and I am really happy with the results. Jim at optilube ships fast, and has great customer service.

I can attest to B99 clearing the lines out. The first 2 fuel filters were just caked with black gunk when I pulled them out. The 6.5 runs quite well when you mix in biodiesel, though.

I am aware that some pretty smart members (DieselPro in particular) think it is all very bad for the IP. I have been running commercial ASTM-spec B99 for 3-4 years now, and the trucks run quite well.

-Rob :)

I run about 3 gallons in my 34 tank,, and Man does it make a difference in the smoothness of the engine, at idle, and while driving I have ran it as high B80 or so. But really a gallon or 2 in the tank, is the best additive. I Make my own ASTM grade fuel in a 50gal water heater! :D Cost about $1.25 per gallon.

Back