• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

fuel additive lubrication chart

To my knowledge, the Schaeffer's product they tested with is not their typical lubricity additive. Soy Shield is the name for the lubricity additive they make and I've been running it for some 8-9 years in mine. I'm curious why the other product was the one tested, instead of the product that is devoted to lubrication.

I called Schaeffer's yesterday and asked about Soy Shield, and mentioned the test. The man I spoke with was familiar with the test and when I asked him about it, his answer made sense. He said it was an independant test done and the ones that did it took product off the shelf, so there was no chance to get some "special" blend of anything a company submitted just to look good for the test. They, unknowingly, picked the wrong product, though, in my opinion. The Soy Shield is specifically for lubricity where the B2000 they used is for a number of things, including some help with lubricity, also. Anyhow, I'm pleased to see that even the wrong product rated pretty high on the scale, especially since I am pretty close to ordering another case of the Soy.

The standyne additive performed crappy considering how expensive it is.

It's expensive, but I have found that doubling the dose of stanadyne makes the truck run a lot better.

I, too, have found good results running bio. I used to run B100, but they stopped selling it in my area (something about needing above-ground tanks...welcome to California, land of fruits and nuts) They *do* still sell B20, however. Runs great, but it costs about 25 cents more than regular ULSD.

I remember reading somewhere long ago that as little as 2% bio brings back all the lubricity that *used to* be in diesel, before they started removing the sulfur. For me, that's less than a gallon of B100 in a 42-gallon tank, or 4 gallons of B20.

Back