• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Finally gonna build a new shop

The foundation walls look to be in good shape, are you going to re pour the slab?

Actually it looks like some one planned to rebuild there before. I'm pretty sure the foundation walls are poured after the fire.
A slab would be nice i guess,but the $$$$ eh. Hog pee must be corrosive,the concrete is a kinda breaking up here and there(Loose gravel)
How thick does the slab need to be for tubing?

Les will know for sure but I think if you have 1" above the pipe it would be OK.

For a shop that's gonna see some heavy equipment I'd think you would have to be at least 4" thick over the old concrete. Bound to be some pretty weak spots where the brush has invaded it.

A good start for sure. No real excavating to speak of.

Are you going to use red iron for the structure?
red%20iron02.JPG

nope,2x6 stick build walls,R 20 ins, inside OBS clad,50' clear span rafters, 2' overhang all around R 40 ins ceiling OSB clad.10 windows planned.
steel roof and outside walls. 2 overhead doors(maybe just 1,the other sliding) There is no provision in the foundation for a entry door(might have to cut one)not sure yet.

roll ups aren't that great either. The best sealing doors I've seen are hangar doors but they are slow operating

Our roll-ups have been fine for heat retention, but we do have heated floors.

Bi-Fold = Hangar Doors. Most of them are made about 10 minutes from here, Schweiss Bi-Fold Doors.

Things are looking up!.building starts end may.
I got a good deal on ten 42"x32" double pane sealed and framed windows $1500 for the bunch.
The rafters are gonna be here on wednesday,the lumber the day after.

pic's.

The rafters where delivered today
and 10 Windows.

The lumber is gonna come tomorow

Attachments

• shop rafters 004.jpg
    shop rafters 004.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 4
  • shop rafters 006.jpg
    shop rafters 006.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 2
  • shop rafters 007.jpg
    shop rafters 007.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 3
front back,46' span. shop is 72' long.
Snow sliding off the roof is gonna be a pain in the butt cause the doors are gonna be in the long side.

2 outa 3 only;)

Back