• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dirt Every Day

Pulled a 454/th400 from a motor home once- bad water pump made it not worth fixing to the guy as labor was way into the thousands, you literally had to cut the front of the motorhome off and reattach it just to do the water pump. I use the saws all, a forklift, and a 20 yard dumpster.

Found the portals...yeah $7,000 each plus shipping. So a little under $30,000 to do whole rig.
Rockwell International became Axle Tech, who opened a subsidiary called Off Hiway Plus.com
https://www.offhighwayplus.com/category/portal-wheel-end-kits

At 30k, I think I would just buy a unimog or hummer/hmmwv and go from there... then I could sell the unused parts and some scrap metal to offset some cost.

I wonder if they loaned him the portals for a couple years as advertisements...

I just bought a Hummer (Will knows :)) Im trying to get it ready for Moab next year. Have some brand new geared hubs coming it soon along with all new control arms, ball joints.....ect
I just realized I don't have a build thread here. Need to change that soon.
Bunch of Hummers are meeting up tomorrow for a Toys for Tots drive tomorrow at Memorial City Mall in Houston. If you can make it come out.

I just bought a Hummer (Will knows :)) Im trying to get it ready for Moab next year. Have some brand new geared hubs coming it soon along with all new control arms, ball joints.....ect
I just realized I don't have a build thread here. Need to change that soon.
Bunch of Hummers are meeting up tomorrow for a Toys for Tots drive tomorrow at Memorial City Mall in Houston. If you can make it come out.
Yes, build thread. PLEASE.... [emoji41]

Back