• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DB2 Throttle Pedal Resistance

Nice, your giving me ideas now LOL. the thought of possibly using a small flat washer or flat slug grinding with the drimel for the center slot and shaping the outside to fit into the GM tps might work. not sure if I will need to use a couple of flat washers behind the tps to space it out enough for it all to go together or not. but a carved out flat slug might work. maybe a dime or nickle would work. a knock-out from an old electric box too.

LOL sometimes we gotta think outside the box HAHA!
Does the TPS have to be from a truck ?
Seems a TPS is a TPS. They all do the same thing. 12 volts, 5 volt refrence and ground. A change of the plug on the end of the TPS harness fixes that.
Then there might be a simpler solution to whats needed to drive the TPS.
I really do not remember what shape that 3/8ths bolt needed to drive that TPS buf I am guessing it most likely was a screw driver slot affair.

I had to take another look at the first picture. I thought that pin was more visible but You have to take a second look to see it.
Drove through that brass nut, to the left side of the brass nut. It is visible but just have to take an upclose looksee.
Thats what kept the brass nut connected to the throttle shaft.
IMG_0765.jpeg

Back