• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Coffee

Just think of it this way... the grounds add fiber and make the coffee "healthy-er."

Really, you have never had MAN coffee until you have brewed it in an ammo can on an exhaust manifold using a clean sock as a filter. It's in the Duke's guide to being a man.

this is what I use.

a
coffee-maker1.jpg

plugged into the
rv%20(31).jpg

of my
88_winnebago.jpg

when getting away from it all, I find its best to take most of 'it' with you...

Tim

Last edited:
We have been using that model for a couple of years with the Boy Scout troop I camp with. It works fine, we make a couple of pots in the morning and 15-20 minutes tops. When camping with the family I use instant.

I have to of them just in case something happens to one of them. Some times we camp with 10 families and I run both of them, I become the park Tim Horton's (its a Canadian thing) The hard part is keeping a supply of Cream for the weekend.

this is what I use.

a
coffee-maker1.jpg

plugged into the
rv%20(31).jpg

of my
88_winnebago.jpg

when getting away from it all, I find its best to take most of 'it' with you...

Tim

Thats what I'm talking about right there, only problem is it pisses of my neighbor campers when I fire up the 6.5k geneartor. So we use the melita filter holder thing and pour boiling water through it into a thermos.

We use that Coleman thing and it works great. We also bring an electric for when we have hook-ups.

Get a French Press and be done with it. Just boil the water, pour it ontop of the grounds, let it set a few minutes and press down.

But if your a real man, boil some water, pour in a mug, add grounds, stir and drink.....:D
I don't do this, but you can do it if you're tough enough.....

I did the same thing, but below it in the box it says click here for replacement- or something like that- and a newer model is listed. This is an old thread that someone brought back to life.

When I was in the Army we used to take the instant coffee packets from MRE's and dump the grounds between your lip and gums.:thumbsup:

Ohhh those were the days. Then I found a spare .50 cal lid to wedge in the exhaust grate of my tank. Life was grand then.

Wow, may of last year. I just joined this site, so you probably have one by now, but we have one of those, and it works great. Like others have said, just prepare the night before. We use ours on the front burner, and it takes about 10 minutes to make nine cups. I'm the only one who drinks coffee, so no need for a full pot. The only complaint I have is when it is done brewing, you have to turn the stove off or it will damage the coffee maker. So if the coffee gets cold by the 3rd cup, I just pour some into a small sauce pan and re-heat it on the stove. Jerry.

Like others said, the coleman works great, just a lil slow.

But if your a real man, boil some water, pour in a mug, add grounds, stir and drink.....:D
I don't do this, but you can do it if you're tough enough.....
Roughing it advice, coming from a man who packs a folding, stainless steel, jet burner for boiling crawfish, in his fiver with a built in exterior cd/radio, and rides around the CG in a golf cart. :rolleyes5:

:D
BTW when are we going camping again?

Back