• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Codes. Truck won’t move

Sounds like what @Rockabillyrat said about the valve being stuck in the valve body. I have never tried pulling one from a trans before, but I do know everything MUST be clean including the area your working in. from what I'm told the tiniest speck of dirt can reek havoc in there.

I would wait for him to instruct you on what to do and what your up against doing it. I'm sure he will have some detailed instructions and what to do and not to do here.
Could valve body tourquing have anything to do with these codes?

I will be pulling it out tomorrow as the weather isn’t cooperating today

Over torqueing valve body bolts can warp it and cause all sorts of problems. A good transmission builder will always straight edge a valve body to confirm its not warped. Same goes for the front pump. But normally those get machined true on an lathe if the builder is any good.

I sounds like you need to remove the valve body and go through all the valves. You need to be extremely clean with this, that's why you see shops that build transmissions have specific clean rooms for this kind of work.

Over torqueing valve body bolts can warp it and cause all sorts of problems. A good transmission builder will always straight edge a valve body to confirm its not warped. Same goes for the front pump. But normally those get machined true on an lathe if the builder is any good.

I sounds like you need to remove the valve body and go through all the valves. You need to be extremely clean with this, that's why you see shops that build transmissions have specific clean rooms for this kind of work.
Valve body was done at DHD in Michigan.

I was more talking about the mounting bolts.

Back