• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Blow By

The idea behind the real filter is it can better clean the soot from the oil and supply you was cleaner oil to go back into the engine. it also helps stop the oil it's self from getting past the filter and sucked back into the engine.

I am curious on running this without the CDR and see what kind of vacuum the turbo would put on the crankcase, as hoping it;s not so much that it can suck in seals or gaskets. maybe once you have one all plumbed up, temporarily tie in your turbo boost gauge into the main line from the valve cover to see the vacuum it creates during cruising or acceleration.

Well it has no actual micron rating- so that’s why I put filter in quotes. Ot is the design how the weaved it that causes amazing coalescence. When you drain the oil, any water, debris, etc will still all be there. This is why some people discard the oil it catches. I say just pour it through a simple paper filter if that part bothers ya, because normally all of it will stay in their anyways.
Moisture is the big one people see that has them dump in the trash what it collects.

Heard Walmart is bad for getting credit cards hacked.

Ours got hacked there.
I’ve lost count how many credit cards I’ve had hacked. Never cost me a cent. Which is why credit cards are better than debit cards.

I had my PayPal account and someone ordered $4,000 worth of computers as I was boarding a plane. I got them reversed, but I also deleted my PayPal account. I hate PayPal for many reasons.

Paypal had to go when I read they could charge an account holder a huge fee if they felt like it. It's inconvenient, but there are other solutions.

Please post pictures when you have this all mounted up. I'll end up with the stock passenger side valve cover and would still like to explore this as a future addition to replace the CDR.

Heard Walmart is bad for getting credit cards hacked.

Ours got hacked there.
Hell, I got my 9 month old new smartphone pickpocketed while at a Walmart picking up a gallon of oil last November. And while I was up at their Customer Service desk to see if anyone had possibly turned it in, after backtracking through the store first to see if I had accidentally set it down while perusing the motoroil section, another customer comes up to report that their phone had gone missing out of their back pocket, too! When I filed the police report for the theft, the officer taking my info said that there had been a rash of cellphones and wallets pickpocketed from that particular store over the past week that it happened.

Hell, I got my 9 month old new smartphone pickpocketed while at a Walmart picking up a gallon of oil last November. And while I was up at their Customer Service desk to see if anyone had possibly turned it in, after backtracking through the store first to see if I had accidentally set it down while perusing the motoroil section, another customer comes up to report that their phone had gone missing out of their back pocket, too! When I filed the police report for the theft, the officer taking my info said that there had been a rash of cellphones and wallets pickpocketed from that particular store over the past week that it happened.
Damn, tough hood.

My last Walmart incident featured an earring wearing, tattoo'd millennial parked in front of the refirgerator doors to the milk section. I opened the door he was next to, to grab a half gallon of milk. He got all bent and called me out. I said "excuse me, but I'm not the one blocking doors and picking my dick for minutes on end over what I want to get.....why don't don't you grow a pair and ditch the gay earrings son." He probaly drove away in a Ford Raptor.

Actually, it was a Walmart in a more affluent area of town. Guess they figured the pickings were better there than the one closest to the poorer area would be. We have four Walmart Super Centers and two Sam's Clubs (and a Costco) here in Lincoln.

Leave it to happen at Walmart! there has been a lot of unfortunate happenings at the walmarts here in my area. especially since sleepy joe let the border open to the south. several folks we know have been stalked like prey in the stores and parking lots by illegid sex traffickers, and hijackers. the last one happened not too long ago where (person we didn't know) was drug out of their vehicle in broad daylight, pistol whipped and stole their car. turned out to be a couple of teenagers from another town. they were caught, but one of these days this is going to happen where the perps mess with the wrong person. With the current state of laws here in Texas the perps that had tried to hijack the car could have been easily been sent 6ft under on the spot.

the sad thing that walmart won't do is add any measures for security like cameras in their parking lots or any security staff worth a darn in their stores. they actually hire other kids for security in our town. I personally have see their security shannagains in the store running around like little kids with walkie talkies hiding in and out of clothing racks spying on shoppers. one of them almost snuck up behind me while I was getting ready to backhand and take the kid to the ground! lucky for him he dove off in another direction before he got close enough.

Our nearest Walmart to Fullerton home is about 1/2 mile away. It’s very special as they have a transwoman who checks your receipts.
I hate the fact they want to check receipts. I understand they have to deal with shoplifting but it's the way they treat shoppers. I try to avoid walmart as much as possible, but when were in there, my wife usually has no issue complying. me. they ask me and the look on their face... I'll flash is and walk right out the door, hoping one day they try to chase me. Wife used to work there years ago and has several friend that still work in the store in our town. Of course they are always nice and at times we stop to chat. others mainly the younger age they have working there seem to treat every customer walking out like their stealing something.

They won’t grab the people they know are shoplifting. Too much liability. I tell them “no thanks” and keep walking when they ask to see my receipt. At membership stores like Costco, you agree to that when you pay the fee and sign the contract. Not at regular stores. Do you show a receipt for the shoes or pants you are wearing? No. Why? Because it is yours, you bought it and anything beyond that is defaming my character that I stole something. They committed the transaction when they sold it to me, they can check their cameras or ask the clerk if they want. My transaction with them was completed upon payment. The stuff is mine, if they want to audit me for my personal belongings I am willing to do so at a rate of $10,000 per hour. Otherwise take a hike.

I wouldn’t go recommending that aftermarket part for the provent. The provent part is the biggest reason theirs works well. I think you will find that aftermarket “filter” part in the trash within a few months and a real one in place, or the whole thing removed in frustration. I said it multiple times- the cko housing is fine but get the real M&H filter piece.

Yes that valve & hose will work, keep it away from exhaust. Buy a cap that screws into the threads from any hardware/ plumbing store or Amazon. The purpose is keeping the valve outlet clean so you can pour the oil back in. No cap will attract dirt and contaminate the oil when you drain it into the container to pour back in.

If you cut the cdr, I don’t think the piece will be long enough to secure a hose onto.
I would buy a double ended barb fitting. One the size of the cdr nipple, the other the same size as the provent hose nipple. I’m not near mine to measure either cdr or provent.
If you can’t buy a one piece double barb fitting, then buy the two required sizes, with npt threads on the other side then screw them together using teflon paste or even rtv.
Do not use the entire cdr as the fitting as it’s restriction will fight the provent. Also you don’t want that immediate 90° fitting anyway.

If you buy a provent or cko provent that doesn’t come with hose, make sure you get hose rated for oil and high heat.
Measured the CDR pipe and it's a 1" OD.

So which of these would you go with:

1691262323970.png
1691262461122.png

Twice now I've tried to order the drain line and valve from Amazon. Vendor is from China and both times they could not complete the shipping. First order got refunded to my credit card. On the second order, my credit card got hacked and we canceled shortly after the order. Chinese vendor is trying to process payment back to a canceled card. We are going back and forth with messages trying to figure out alternatives starting with just adding credit to my Amazon account.

That drain hose is 1/2" OD on the outlet from the ProVent housing.

Back