• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks sidewinder exhaust manifold group buy.

Just looked at the DP thread. Looks like the van manifold would be very nice. I'd leave the Vband fitment inplace though. They did exactly what I had in mind but had the solution with the manifold choice.
Thanks again for the link jorge. Did you ever get a manifold? Want to get in on this group buy?

There's a complete van engine in my area for sale. I wonder if there is a way to make a center mount fit in a truck? Maybe it could be a wheat truck engine.

The manifold pictures above look almost exactly like the 6.0L(gm gasser) turbo kit my cousin is having built.

Its possible to run a center mount turbo, but would be a bad choice just because the stock turbo is the biggest turbo that will fit along with other issues that make it very difficult to install a different turbo. Your pretty much be stuck with stock or ALOT of fab work, more than a banks manifold swap would be.

X2. I love my gm6 compared to n/a, but man I wish I could go with ATT. I just don't have the option with the hummer.

I have one confirmed buyer (me :hihi:) I'll be placing an order later today or tomorrow. Problem is Im going to have to pay the higher one piece price. So if anyone is interested please let me know ASAP, we need 5 to get the special pricing.

Have one last source to check.

I dropped by a dealership to check on part numbers / prices and turned out that what I saw on the Giant's website was not the correct part number (I think it is for the RS van manifold); the one for the side mount turbo is not available from the Giant :( and the dealer wants as much as WarWagon remembers it costs :nonod: . But given the Giant does not carry the RS manifold and the guy at the desk mentioned he would have to order one of the manifolds (I did not think at the time to ask which one), am now suspicious that the part is NLA.

Going with the van setup (crossover under front) looks more tempting than Bank's recommendations (crossover around the world) and if we can quickly nail down a total solution, I just might join-in on making it a group buy . . .

It does look like the van manifold is the best/cheapest option. Thats what I'll be setting up for at this point. If I can even get 3 confirmed buyers I'll take the risk and order 5 and stock two in hopes that when others see the finished product they will have to have one also:hihi:

Just looked at the DP thread. Looks like the van manifold would be very nice. I'd leave the Vband fitment inplace though. They did exactly what I had in mind but had the solution with the manifold choice.
Thanks again for the link jorge. Did you ever get a manifold? Want to get in on this group buy?

Believe me I would love one for my diesel swap project but since it's the holidays, I wouldn't be able to swing the cost till January.

Same here, I'm in the middle of equip repairs and working toward my next money making project. Could be a few week to a couple months until I'm comfortable forking out $ and when I do I have alot of places my $$ needs to go.

I understand.

I'll be ordering a manifold tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted how it go's.

Got one ordered up today. Might have good news also. Now that I placed an order they see that Im serious (don't know why they did'int know that before?).
Anyway I think they will let me order one at a time at the lower price of $399 shipped in USA, will know later.
Im also working on a source for "new" van manifolds.

Hmmm . . . Wonder if all the hemming and hawing will change if a Banks manifold goes into the Giveaway Contest :D

Looking forward to progress on the van manifold; PM'd with my notes on a recent search.

What is keeping me back at the moment is that I sat down with the mechanic last night to show him the proof of concept and he had a fair amount of 'nose wrinkling' and questions on modifications to the crossover for a good fit; so my read was that each question would translate into about an hour's worth of labor cost . . . :frown2:

No pain no gain.

Ha! Pain in the wallet is a temporary sting that goes away after the fun factor returns. It is the Missus' reaction when she sees the total bill, and the ensuing lifetime of reminders, which is the territory I prefer to avoid . . . :hihi:

So . . . How is that 4x4 crossover coming along???? Are you done yet???? :D:D:D

That can be the worst pain of all! but tell her it beats a $60000 truck note

Whats different about a 4x4? skid plate maybe?
I'll have the brand new van manifold here today. I'll get pics of it then.

Anyone have an old crossover they want to get rid of? I need the 3-bolt flanges and short stub of pipe for the prototype crossover.

That can be the worst pain of all! but tell her it beats a $60000 truck note

Yeah . . . You and I know that, but the gender translations are: New Truck with Warantee = No trips to the mechanic - and - Monthly Payments = No need to pull from savings and we can 'kick that can' down the road . . . In fairness, I did show her all the alternatives, along with the costs, and she accepted the motor replacement as the lesser of financial evils. Now I just need to keep the costs from buoying up. ;)

Whats different about a 4x4? skid plate maybe?

Skid plate, maybe. Biggest concerns from the mechanic were the front differential, the electric engagement motor, and the high level of fabrication / welding from the proof-of-concept.

Passenger side Van manifold.

Got the Van Man:) Looks good. Its brand new $119 shipped.

DSCF1158.jpgDSCF1159.jpgDSCF1161.jpg

Skid plate, maybe. Biggest concerns from the mechanic were the front differential, the electric engagement motor, and the high level of fabrication / welding from the proof-of-concept.

I think there will be plenty of clearence to the skid plate and going off memory the front diff is about midway up on oil pan, so plenty of room there too.
Im thinking of building the crossover using a 2 piece set up using a Vband clamp or just a slip fit with the wide type exhaust clamp.

Can someone post a picture of the front diff in relation to the hamonic ballancer area.

Back