• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ATT owner thread ?

Slim Shady

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
Reaction score
I had someone send me a PM that made me think. They said that info from (ATT) A-Team Turbo owners was hard to find and that finding info on where to purchase the turbo was hard to find. And also most people don't want to read a long technical thread on the turbo.

People want the short and dirty information,with testimonials
What have you towed,
What kind of pain and abuse have you put your turbo through?
How fast have you gone
Was the turbo worth it and would you recommend one.
Fuel mileage increase?
Truck drives better? Worse?
Ease of installation
Technical support :D

More questions from others would be nice, should there be an ATT testimonial thread,and how do we let others know that The Truck Stop is the home for the most innovative 6.5ers on the web? Or am I full of it?

Moderators please feel free to delete / move this thread if you see fit.

No question in my mind, Dennis - we have the most knowledgeable and helpful 6.5 Owner base, right here!

I would be very interested in such a thread!!! I am currently reading all I can find on the ATT, which isn't easy to find. I am currently going through the "Replacement Turbo" thread, at pg 10 of over 40 pages. The more I read the more I am thinking it will fill the bill for what I am wanting, reasonable economy for DDing, and good towing characteristics.

You can count this a my vote for a thread.

Don

ATT & KOJO Tune

installed both two weeks ago, and all i can say is wow!!
truck has alot more power and will even roll a little coal now!
havent tow anything yet but will post once i do and post some pics!
they can be bought at walking j !:D

installed both two weeks ago, and all i can say is wow!!
truck has alot more power and will even roll a little coal now!
havent tow anything yet but will post once i do and post some pics!
they can be bought at walking j !:D

Another satisfied customer! Thank you.

I had someone send me a PM that made me think. They said that info from (ATT) A-Team Turbo owners was hard to find and that finding info on where to purchase the turbo was hard to find. And also most people don't want to read a long technical thread on the turbo.

Just my .02 on this topic. Im have not been schooled in marketing, nor do I work in such a business, BUT I will say that working in a family company we rely quite heavily on it...in all forms. What I am getting at here is that I really think you guys could do very well with marketing this turbo. A quick google search turns up very few leads on where to purchase, let alone the actual website itself. You have to remember, we are a small group of enthusiasts. There is only a small percentage of 6.5 owners who use or even know of these forums. In order to reach the rest of your clients, a very informative and easy to find website would be a great idea. Now most of us all know of the source due to browsing the forums, but i could very easily see how someone could not know where to look without asking.

For example. Just type "6.5 diesel performance" into the google search window and see what comes up. Heath first, and then SSdiesel. No where on the first page do i see walking J. I would consider you just as much diesel performance as any of the others. Now even though im not very fond of walt, but his marketing works quite well judging by how many people I see buying his products not knowing of another source.

So just consider my rant trying to help. Not in anyway trying to make anyone feel bad. Ive purchased quite a few items through walking J and have been very pleased :thumbsup: I would love to see you guys moving these turbos as quick as you can get them after all the R&D that has gone into it. So I would take whatever info you can get from this thread, and incorporate it into your site. Good luck, and im anxious to read an more info anyone has to share!

I would tell anyone who is thinking of the ATT to just ask. I would be willing to post my results of owning one for some time now.

and i would also add maybe put up a little data on the site or some real life comparsions. if i was going to put down a chunk of change for a new turbo i would like some examples on what its going to do. more that is on the walking js website now.

i know td and slim did a lot of testing to make sure this turbo was worth whiled and they posted it so some more examples i think would be a good. plus not many people want to read forty pages of a thread.

When the day comes that I need a new turbo I will be calling for the ATT. Keep up the good work.

What have you towed, 33' camper, 4.5 to 5 tons.
What kind of pain and abuse have you put your turbo through? see above, also pushing a 10' Blizzard plow.How fast have you gone not fast, maybe 85.Was the turbo worth it and would you recommend one. absolutely. the cooler iats and top end power increase mean the most to me.Fuel mileage increase? probably, havent checked but it seems like it.
Truck drives better? Worse? definitely better. took a friend for a ride who owns a stock 3500hd. blew him away, and that was before the tune.
Ease of installation pretty easy. I'm pretty shade-tree and I did it by myself.
Technical support Dennis was right there for me. And there's always this site.

ATT specs question: Was looking at some rules for a truck pull, and stock diesel class allows only one turbo (except new trucks that come with two) that has an inlet of less than 2.8 inches. Is the ATT bigger than that? I'm not going to travel to try to break my truck if I'm going to get disqualified or have to compete in a mod class with all the big monsters.

I would tell anyone who is thinking of the ATT to just ask. I would be willing to post my results of owning one for some time now.

Post that is what this thread was supposed to do: give information.

ATT specs question: Was looking at some rules for a truck pull, and stock diesel class allows only one turbo (except new trucks that come with two) that has an inlet of less than 2.8 inches. Is the ATT bigger than that? I'm not going to travel to try to break my truck if I'm going to get disqualified or have to compete in a mod class with all the big monsters.

2.5 inch on the intake side, sounds like it may qualify.

On my former truck, there's an ATT coupled with Bill Heath GL-4.

What I remember about this setup :
  • Instant gain about mileage. With the GM-x, I was used to use one tank for 420 kms, immediately after the ATT install, I get the same tank for about 520~540 kms.
  • smooth and strong acceleration;
  • responsive truck;
  • stronger rumble, though I had a 454 instead of a 6.5 though;
  • lowest EGTs;
  • astonishing look, jaw drop effect 100% guaranty when you pop-up the hood;
  • ...and, was the 1st ATT sold :D

Damn. I miss my old lady...

Have towed 18K with the ATT prototype, now have 1 production ATT on both the burb, and the truck ATT on the truck has 25K miles on it, have seen mpg gains 1-3 mpg depending how hard I run. I would not run a 6.5 with any other turbo, some turbos may make more power Holset conversion guys swear by theirs, but IMO not a "plug and play" install, plus those turbos require 18:1 CR reductions to keep combustion chamber pressures in the safe zone, ATT can be run with stock CR no issues.

Last edited:
Back