• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone interested in Roller Rockers? Maybe group buy?

Can comment in a few weeks. Cannot give a before-and-after report as the original rockers were only in the motor for 500 miles.

Leroy, are there any break-in recommendations (ex: zinc additive)?
635 posted on another thread "Be sure to soak the shafts in the break-in oil as recommended. Let them soak for about 24 hours. And they will be slick."

Not sure what that oil brand is but I'm sure HS can answer that one.

I have noticed a fuel mileage increase since I installed mine, unfortunately I too did multiple changes at once (I also changed from square to diamond precups when I installed my rockers) so I can't tell how much of that is the rockers and how much of that is the precups. What I can say though is that the rockers are very well made and the engine is smoother with them on. I am very pleased with them and I like the peace of mind knowing that I won't have a $2 plastic retainer clip failing and destroying my engine. Now if only we could get some clear valve covers so we could show of our valvetrain jewelry we'd really have something......

Well damn, that sucks. I really don't want to pull everything back off to check mine....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, not a fun job:(. If yours has been running fine to this point I'm betting they have "worn in" and you'll probably be good to go. Maybe get oil check for high aluminium first?

Is there any certain time frame that they want a claims to be made by to get the replacement parts if they are found to be bad? I haven't needed my truck recently so I can probably find time to tear it down if I have to within the next week or two if it is something that needs to be taken care of pretty quick. I've never sent oil samples out so I don't know how long that would take or where I would even send them to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No time frame as long as I know today :) just kidding. Take your time, they will honor their offer. Thanks.

Nate is a trouble maker and made me repaint a couple items, like the oil pan and tstat crossover . I'll get some pics later.

Oh, so now I'm eating your homework?? :D

Did you mean to put this in your banks sidewinder thread?

Just in case anybody is curious, here is the side-by-side of the original spacer and a freshly minted correct one.

Attachments

• Spacer Replacement.jpg
    Spacer Replacement.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 5
So they sound different? Does it feel like it runs any different, like any smoother or quicker to rev? I couldn't believe how tight my middle ones were though honestly it still wasn't that hard to turn the engine over with a ratchet, so maybe it won't make that much difference when running.

I'm finally getting my parts today so I can get mine installed. :D

Have too few miles on the rockers to really notice any differences and motor is still in the break-in stage. Specifically, rockers were installed ~150 miles ago and now have ~30 miles on the corrected spacers.

In terms of the sound, at first I thought one of the pulley accessories (A/C, hydroboost, etc) had developed an issue, but yesterday I noticed the sound definitely came from both heads. Timing of when the sound started did coincide with the rocker's installation.

Back