• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone Here Into R/C Cars & Trucks?

So can we hope for site discounts? Maybe I can afford to get into RC one of these days since I here electric has gotten so much better. I wanted nitro, but the costs are pretty high to go that route VS electric(even if you go lipo and brushless).

Yea, I'll see what I can do for us on here.

View attachment 40119

Just purchased this today from a shop going out of business. Did pretty good on it.. I'm now looking for a transmitter (Controller) to actually fly it with.. Found one on craigslist if I get back intouch with him.

I'm going to use this to start out with and hopefully build my own after Xmas.

...and it begins :)

I need a good LiPo charger!

This one has battery leads, I'm not hooking this to my truck for it to explode.. :D

Years ago I bought a new RC10..then a few more haha. I modified the batteries for more power LOL. By the end of things, I sold it all on Ebay. I even sold the original Team Associated cardboard box it came in. Guess some guys will collect anything. I always said if I'm getting back into it, it's gonna be a gas engine. I hated the electric.

I understand where you are coming from.

Now we can darn near have our cake, and eat it too with the new electric stuff.

Always had folks back in the day coming back to the shop wondering why their 2 cycle glow engine wouldn't run. It was crazy. 'Adults' couldn't figure it out let alone a 10 year old... I always warned 'parents' what they were getting into. Either way we'd come to a resolution, but folks quickly realized these weren't the toys 'they' grew up with.

Nitro would be fun, but they come with the Cost of High Maintenance, Tuning, Wear, ect...

Atleast with Electric, you just Charge the Battery and go.

Ah yes, MAP pricing. That's been the bane of our business lately, especially on appliances. I really wish the electronics MFRs would do MAP, kinda...

/offtopic

It's been skewed (screwed) in the RC biz since forever.. MAP, SRP. With this, nothing is based in reality. We had to rely on services and nickel dime stuff for the margin. Folks never paid attention to a model kits actual retail price.

Also, I bought an $8 C7 'Vette RC at Fleet Farm weekend before thanksgiving, and dug out my old Nikko Hummer over thanksgiving, strapped the GoPro on and chased the pets around, lol.

Just Added this guy to the Fleet. Now we're Talkin...Brushless Power Baby!! :)

Attachments

• 1507788_10151770506642172_116534096_n.jpg
    1507788_10151770506642172_116534096_n.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 6
Yea, this thing is a Wheelie Machine! Gotta ease into the Throttle real slow. Already Ordered the Wheelie Bar for it.

Ok, so a lil update on this.

So far I got:

Slash 2wd VXL - Fun, but juuust low enough that it bounces when driving around in the yard. Only ran it on 2S so far and Traction can be iffy.

Rustler VXL - Same deal as the Slash, but even Lower, but since it's faster, it just plows over the Bumps in the yard. Only ran on 2S and it's a Wheelie Machine!!

Bandit VXL - Haven't ran it yet.

Stampede 4X4 VXL - This is my favorite Truck so far. This thing is an absolute ANIMAL. Only ran on 2S so far, but nothing stops it. Rips through the yard like is on pavement, floats across deep snow, hauls ass on pavement.

Mini E-Revo VXL - This thing is a FREAK. Wayyy too fast for it's own good on 3S, but still fun as hell. On 2S it's more controllable. Too light and small to drive in the yard. Bounces around ALOT and doesn't really get much speed because it's always bottoming out. VERY TEMPERMENTAL as well. These BREAK ALOT.

E-Revo Brushless - WOW. Just ran this one now and it's insane. On 6S it's easily doing almost 70mph. On 6S they can and will make the OE Tires EXPLODE due to the speed. This one is not waterproof (the newest model is though, missed the cutoff by 2 days when I got mine), so I can't say how good it does in the snow until I get the waterproof ESC. But, it's another wheelie machine. VERY TEMPERMENTAL as well. This thing likes to snap Axles, Driveshafts and blow Diffs like crazy.

So that's my Fleet for now. There's a few more Models that I'm gonna get so I'll update this as I go.

My buddy with the Speedshop is in heaven. He can't keep the shelves stocked before he sells out. He owns a Farm, and come Spring time, we're gonna build 2 Racetracks (1 Oval Dirt and 1 Slalom Dirt) and also a Pulling Area to have Pulloffs with Weight Trailers and everything.

The new stampede does indeed kick ass. They totally redesigned it from the 2wd version. Handles very good, not too heavy, great suspension, traction galore..

I see your fleet is growing!

Got the Summit today.

This one is gonna be my Favorite.

It's no Speed Demon by any means, but that's what makes it so good. But it's not Slow either, prob. does around 30mph.

It is a pure Crawler. I have alot of Snow & Ice here, and I could not get this thing into enough trouble that I couldn't get out today.

It's got a 2 Speed Trans, that YOU Control from the Remote. You wanna stay in 1st Gear all day, no problem. Wanna Shift to 2nd, just flip the Switch.

Also, it has Locking Diffs...that are Controllable from the Remote too. Can run F&R Open Diffs, Lock only the Front, or Lock F&R Together.

Also, comes with LED Lights already Installed. 4 in the Front, 6 in the Back, and yes, they are Bright enough to be able to see where you're going at Night.

It is HUGE too!! It's def the biggest 1/8 Scale I've ever seen. Could easily be a 1/7 maybe a 1/6.

Only thing I don't like the the Body Pins in the Rear are Tricky to get In & Out.

But yea, as it sits, it doesn't need any Upgrades at all. They make them, but IMO, this is one of the only R/C's you can Unbox, and run without having to worry about a "Weak Area" on it.

Back