• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone Here Into R/C Cars & Trucks?

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
Thinking about getting back into it.

The Speedshop I always deal with just became a Traxxas Dealer and gave me "The Book" on em and it's very Enticing.

I used to be into them when I was a Kid, but I guess I just lost Interest...but damn do they look like fun again! :)

I WANT to, but can't AFFORD to right now. If I was to get into them, TRAXXAS would be high up on my list as there stuff does look nice.

It's crazy they got Electric Cars over 100MPH outta the Box these Days. When I got out of it, Traxxas just released one that was doing 60MPH.

I guess they've come a long way since...

I spent hours reading on them awhile back thinking I'd kill some time with them. But, my time is killed elsewhere right now. I'd still love to have one to play with. I'm really wanting a R/C heli.

Worked hobby retail for 15 years. Raced locally and the midwest, south competitively for 20. Yeah 'I got wheel' you could say. Spent alot of time at the wheel and helping others get into racing.

Traxxas was laughing stock among hardcore racers. Nowadays they are doing pretty good for themselves.

The 1/10 & 1/12 scale cars we raced were largely custom builds using chassis layouts and front & rear suspensions to suit a particular track.

Good clean fun.

Used to have a T-Maxx way back when (think they call it a t-maxx classic now). It was fun but too many other things came along to take up my time.

For SURE go with LiPo battery and brushless motor powered cars/trucks. Best thing to happen to RC in years.

Yep, def. gonna do that Combo. It's nice that they're Waterproof now too, have some fun in the Snow.

Gonna start out with the Base Models though, they want too much for the LiPo's when you get them with the Cars, but if you get them Separate, they're only like $30-50.

I see this. Mr 2wd eh? Traxxas slash right?

Yep, 2wd Slash. Model below Brushless. I wanted to get the base Model with the Good Radio, then Upgrade it myself so I can get a feel for Workin on them.

My friend with the Speedshop gets them through Keystone now, but he wants to go Direct with Traxxas to get better Prices, and maybe bring me on as a Partner. :) So we shall see...

Depending on the storefront and desired investment on the initial stock-up, you guys may want to look into a full line hobby distributor like Horizon and/or Great Planes. These are wholesale hobby distributos with competitive pricing. (% off retail) We used these two for 75-80% of the inventory. There were a handful individual companies for specialty things like motors and batteries.

Something to check out anyway..

We talked to Traxxas today and are gonna go ahead and Sign with them. They want an Opening $5k Order and with the Local people that already want stuff, that won't be a Problem.

But starting in January, they are gonna be Locking Down the Prices with MAP, "Authorized Dealers" and all that. So if you buy something from someone that isn't a Dealer, and you need Warranty Work, you're gonna be SOL.

Warranty is nice for some. Hopefully traxxas won't come to regret that move. Is the warranty for just electrics or everything?

So can we hope for site discounts? Maybe I can afford to get into RC one of these days since I here electric has gotten so much better. I wanted nitro, but the costs are pretty high to go that route VS electric(even if you go lipo and brushless).

Ferm, you'll crap your pants when you see the potential of LiPo/brushless.

I own a Losi XXX-NTcr with a 7 port pico .15 (30,000rpm nitro-methane drinking monster) and it's hard to hold off the newer electric stuff.

blade-r2.jpg

Just purchased this today from a shop going out of business. Did pretty good on it.. I'm now looking for a transmitter (Controller) to actually fly it with.. Found one on craigslist if I get back intouch with him.

I'm going to use this to start out with and hopefully build my own after Xmas.

Back