• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

a/t tires...

My BFGs are wearing fast because I play race car driver with too many kids in their hondas in town. But I was only stuck once when I wasnt paying attention to the road at all and drove into a snow bank that was so deep I had to crawl out the windows.

My BFGs are wearing fast because I play race car driver with too many kids in their hondas in town. But I was only stuck once when I wasnt paying attention to the road at all and drove into a snow bank that was so deep I had to crawl out the windows.

Yeah i have that problem too, damn ricers. And i got stuck in the snow with my plow like 3 times cause i try piling up the piles to high

I'm currently running Pirelli Scorpion ATR. Handles really well both on and off road. Runs, very quiet and smooth. Plus, it's speed rating is the highest I found for A/T's. Also has load rating of E.

great idea factory :)

ive had my set of terra grapplers for a couple thousand miles now and i love them. they ride smooth, have good traction (i actually have to try to peel out nowdays) and dont make much noise on the highway. my only complaint is that they pick up a lot of gravel, or atleast more than those stock 245 street slicks. but, in all the research i did before buying, i read that this was basically inevitable with any a/t tire

I've heard the Cooper STT was great, I hate the Toyo's, just got rid of a set, I ran Nitto Dune Grapplers before and loved them, I'm running interco Iroks and Truxus STS right now and love them too. Goodyear are way over rated... The new BFG KM2 is great and the old AT is good, the new AT should be incredible

I had Cooper STT"s on my old half ton. I put 18k miles on them and they looked to be about 1/4 to 1/3 worn. I shouldn't have left those tires on it when I traded it in.

Now I have Cooper S/T-C's on my LB7 they are some good tires too I only have about 8k on them so time will tell if they are as good as the STT's.

Had a pair of Pirelli scorpions on my old 3/4 ton. Damn near indestructable. Quieter and better ride.
Not sure how much I like these Bridgestones on my LMM's

Got about 4k on my Terra-Grapplers, so far I like them. I don't think they are gonna last very long if a guy keeps his foot in it though...;)

I had some terra Grapplers on my 98. I only got about 19K out of them before i changed them. The onroad traction was awesome, didn't get offroad too often but never had any problems when i did. Probably gonna try some on my 03, see if they last any longer on a truck without 200k miles on it. My biggest problem with tire wear is my right foot, i can't seem to hold it up off the floor.:D

I've been a big fan of my BFG at and mt's. They live longer than anything else in the gravel.

Has anyone run the Cooper Zeon ATZ? I saw some for sale with a set of wheels on ebay. they're a pretty good looking tire. Curious about the durability and performance of the tire.

I have the Cooper Discoverer ATR's, 265's, a great tire I think. I will need a new set soon. They were on the truck when I bought it, so not sure exactly how many miles are on them, but when it comes time, I plan on making a video showing me making them into racing slicks. As for off road with the ATR's, I have had nothing but good things to say about them, mainly because they have saved my ass multipule times when I was doing surveying work. We had them on our Ram 1500 work trucks and we put that truck to the test almost everytime we went off roading. We would get to a job site when it was still just a field and there was not a thought of it being a subdivision so if we were to get there when we had got rain in the past few days or just a wet muddy site, my parter and I were lazy and didn't feel like walking when we could drive. We did bury the truck several times, but I don't think anytire outside of a tank track would have got us out of that situation. A very solid tire for snow and mud use.

Has anyone run the Cooper Zeon ATZ? I saw some for sale with a set of wheels on ebay. they're a pretty good looking tire. Curious about the durability and performance of the tire.

I love those tires, just wish they made them for 17s. I think they look awesome and look like they will work well too.

I still stand behind INTERCO...the new vortrac is supposed to be a really good tire

648.JPG

I have the Cooper Discoverer ATR's, 265's, a great tire I think. I will need a new set soon. They were on the truck when I bought it, so not sure exactly how many miles are on them, but when it comes time, I plan on making a video showing me making them into racing slicks. As for off road with the ATR's, I have had nothing but good things to say about them, mainly because they have saved my ass multipule times when I was doing surveying work. We had them on our Ram 1500 work trucks and we put that truck to the test almost everytime we went off roading. We would get to a job site when it was still just a field and there was not a thought of it being a subdivision so if we were to get there when we had got rain in the past few days or just a wet muddy site, my parter and I were lazy and didn't feel like walking when we could drive. We did bury the truck several times, but I don't think anytire outside of a tank track would have got us out of that situation. A very solid tire for snow and mud use.
I had them and they were ok but the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armours I have now have much better traction in everything. I was thinking of getting another set of the ATRs. They were about the same price as the Goodyears. I am glad I didn't.

I replaced the OEM's within a month of buying the truck(just about got stuck on wet grass) with Hankook RF04's 265/75r16 on PYO's. Good 10-ply tire road alright but never could get the tires to run right, they probably needed to be taken to a shop and trued. These tires were still more road based than off road based so I sold them a year later with the wheels and bought BFG A/T's 385/70r17's on 08 H2 wheels. Love the setup, factory ride is back and I don't have to worry about getting stuck without doing something stupid (Which for me is always a possibility).

Back