• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

a/t tires...

I'm finishing up sucking the life out of my Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors. I was really impressed with how well these tires continue to perform when they're on the verge of being slicks. :doh: Don't really have a good idea of how long they would last because i got them used, they were spposed to be temporary, but I've been running them for almost 10k miles now:beer: If it weren't for the fact that I hate to dish out $700 on set of tires I would probably buy them again.

I'm looking at replacing the Goodyears with the Yokohama Geolandr a/t-s. It looks to be a pretty nice tire, and for the price ya really can't beat it.

If you're just shopping price then the BFG AT KOs aren't the right tire for you and if you don't ever see snow or spend much time in soupy ground then they aren't needed. BUT, in $ per mile, I believe they're one of the best values you'll find. JMO

My BFG's are wore down to nothing.

I'm thinking of going with the HanKooK DynaPro ATM RF10.

hanvl2.ang.jpg

Well first off after reading 7 pages of this, How the hell are you guys getting 40-60 and even 70k out of a set of tires? I am lucky to get 10k out of mine;) With my 05 being my 500hp Daily Driver its hard not to spin the tires. Not to mention its fun to kick the a$$ end out at 30 when the turbo spools up:) But even our LB7 work horse is lucky to get 20k out of a set with no burn outs. Currently the 05 has 285-60-18 Toyo A/T's and the LB7 has 315-75?-16 BFG's. Believe it or not the toyo A/T's get better traction on light snow/mud and ice then the BFG's. The Toyo's biggest down fall is deep snow and towing heavy they suck. The last set of tires on the LB7 were Pro-comp M/T's and lasted about 20k and were good tires for the money. I had the Good year Silent armor 18's on the LLY last and I hated them compared to the BFG's they replaced. I actually burned the back set off in about 5k because I hated the sway my truck had with them. So if any of you silent armor lovers need a set of 285-70-18's with 5k on them, let me know, they were on the front never rotated because the rears only lasted 5k like stated above so there nearly new. Ok back on topic, out of the 6 sets of tires on the 2 D-max's in the last year and a half I liked the BFG's the best all around, I just wish they were a little more reasonabley priced.

Back