• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

68 C10 Chevy 6.5T

marvgarr

Reaction score
This is my build thread. I started this project 1 year ago. Here is the specs. It is a 1968 C10 chevy truck that my dad bought when I was 3. It originally had a 250 I6 with a three on the tree. When my dad bought it there was a 350 with a flat cam in it he replaced it with another 250 and automatic trans. I have it now and have done a complete frame off restomod. I will list all the stuff that has been done. I have done everything myself except a couple of machine shop services. Frame painted and undercoated cab and bed also firewall and core painted.
Inteior is all painted new carpet and dash pad. There is tons more I will let the pics show you any questions happy to answer.

Engine
95 6.5 diesel 929 block no cracks F code
New cam bearings
New rings
New bearings standard crank
New HD heads
ARP head studs
Pistons cut for 18-1 comp
Ceramic coated piston tops and Teflon coated skirts
Fluidamper
DB4 pump
Ceramic coated manifolds and bolts
HX35 turbo with H1C hot side 16cm also ceramic coated
Poly motor mounts
Solid flywheel
New standard oil pump and screen
ARP flywheel bolts

Trans
Modified Borg Warner T5
Non WC main case bored for WC bearings
WC main shaft and counter shaft
Steel Thrust plate
Astro tail housing
Aftermarket shifter with stops
Poly trans mount
New clutch
57 Belair bell housing

Truck
New poly track arm bushings
New poly trailing arm bushings
6 inch drop rear springs
3 inch drop front springs
New control arm shafts
New ball joints
New tie rod ends
New idler arm
New pitman arm
New PS gear
New rag joint
All new bolts
Rebuilt rear end 12 bolt
New brake shoes
New brake drums
New brake hoses
New master cyl
Rebuilt steering column
New e brake cables

Electrical
Ecm harness made
New ignition switch
Crusie control
Chk engine light
Service thr light
Water in fuel light
Cruise light
High idle switch
Multiplug on firewall for ecm wiring
Rebuilt gauges
Rebuilt starter
New 140A alt

Last edited:
Looks like a work of art.

Is the PMD and cooler directly attached, or is the aluminum checker plate between them? It's hard to tell by the pics.

I had to go back to the beginning when you started to talk about an ECM. You must have typo'd the db4. Looking real good, I'll be like tanner tho and check out the pics better from my PC.

Thanks for all the good comments. The aluminum box is cut out the exact size of the PMD. The PMD is mounted directly to the heat sink with the transfer sheet between them. The box is behind the glove box door I made it the same size as the glove box just not as deep. I did typo the DB4 should be DS4 sorry. I was going DB2 originally but wanted more tunes so went DS4.
Looking real good. That thing will turn heads. Us Ohio guys are envious of clean un-rusty classic steel.

Looks like a work of art.

Is the PMD and cooler directly attached, or is the aluminum checker plate between them? It's hard to tell by the pics.

I had to go back to the beginning when you started to talk about an ECM. You must have typo'd the db4. Looking real good, I'll be like tanner tho and check out the pics better from my PC.

Last edited:
Back