• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 fuel help please

Just make sure you take pictures and ask for advice... we've seen lots of not-so-good PMD units... we can help you to not follow that trend.

Guess this helps to seal the deal on what my issue is. Here is a picture of what i have.

pdm2.JPG

If I were you I would also clean and possibly put a new end on the ground in the bottom right of this picture. These 6.5s need there grounds clean :thumbsup:

I wouldn't recommend moving the PMD into the cab. Even with a heatsink they're gonna get mighty toast.

IMO, behind the bumper is best, followed by skidplate location.

See the size of the heat sink from Heath and is very thick to get rid of heat.(approximately 9 times the size of PMD) This is mounted behind the bumper with good air flow, that is why they last. There is a black ground wire from the PMD harness that MUST be left attached the the injector pump (remove it CLEAN it and reconnect to the pump) Having your old one mounted where it is now did cook it but made it easier to replace it.

Attachments

• Heath PMD.jpg
    Heath PMD.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 12
LOL!

Too funny....not laughing at you of course....who does that to a PMD?

Make sure you mount your new PMD properly....

Am I the only one that doesn't see the ground on the IP? That's a pretty important ground to keep on the IP....

Am I the only one that doesn't see the ground on the IP? That's a pretty important ground to keep on the IP....

You can't see it in his picture but it is by the fuel inlet. You can almost see it here.

Attachments

• PMD Ground wire.jpg
    PMD Ground wire.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Just bought a used PMD from a user here. Thanks North Maine!
Special thanks to JiFaire for the heads on on this part and all the fast info!
DEERE3594 Thanks for the heads up on the ground, Will address this ASAP.

And another high 5 to everyone that chimed in with great advise or moral support! :>

Just a follow up. Got the PMD today. Pluged it in to test and to move truck from middle of driveway. And she hesitated a little but then fired to life. So as you all suspected it was the PMD. Now to fix the ground issue, install PMD correctly and replace the bad # 7 injector but have to put ford 6.0 back together first (don't ask, known injector issue :>).

Thanks again all!!!!

You did mount it to a heatsink, right? Dumb question, I know, but the mounting in the pic above is completely insufficient.

Just a follow up. Got the PMD today. Pluged it in to test and to move truck from middle of driveway. And she hesitated a little but then fired to life. So as you all suspected it was the PMD. Now to fix the ground issue, install PMD correctly and replace the bad # 7 injector but have to put ford 6.0 back together first (don't ask, known injector issue :>).

Thanks again all!!!!

Great news... Just be greatful your injectors don't cost anywhere close to what those 6.0's do :)

jbsaxman, Bought one from fomum user, came with cooler and 6 foot cable. Only fired up truck long enough to move it 20 feet. Will mount in bumber this weekend.

Matt, You are telling me, 4th injector to go at 150.00 for rebuilt they are killing me. Atleast I am not shelling out the 300 the dealer gets.

Back