• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2013 Escalade ESV w/ SLP TVS2300

Nice! on the chrome plastic piece, until you get to fully refurbish it, use some hot glue to hold the tabs area in place. that will work well and not be a pia to get off when you go to open it up again.

A few weeks ago we were on a trip and while driving home the winds were high and there was really bad wind noise coming in the passenger side window. I did some searching and it’s not uncommon for foam seals inside the window trim to fail and allow wind in. This is fixable by removing the trim and applying caulk. However, my trim piece had some issues visible so I decided to just buy a new one from GM. Good thing I chose to replace it because when I removed it I found the main issue was that the piece was broken at the front corner, along with some other tabs broken off.

IMG_9454.jpegIMG_9455.jpegIMG_9456.jpegIMG_9459.jpeg

It is so much quieter inside now, even without strong headwinds.

While that door was apart, I thought it was a good idea to proactively replace the mirror motor and gear on that side. It took a bit to get the mirror all apart, but the instructions on the website for the parts were very helpful. The mirror folds super quick now and quieter than before. Very pleased.

IMG_9460.jpegIMG_9461.jpeg

One last thing I decided to do was replace the factory transmission cooler with an aftermarket 40K unit. I thought I was going to have the transmission replaced with a built unit by now, but plans haven’t worked out that way, so figured I better do this now to help keep the existing transmission alive. The installation was a bit more challenging than I expected because I had to work around the intercooler heat exchanger and its brackets, but in the end it turned out well.

IMG_9467.jpegIMG_9466.jpegIMG_9469.jpeg

I also had to deal with all 4 of the bolts that fasten the bumper ends to the fenders breaking off, but fortunately they came out by welding nuts to the broken stubs.

IMG_9470.jpeg

Back