• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1st Dead Dipaco/DTech PMD ??

Keep me posted on a good source for the black Standynes. I actually had pretty good luck with them mounted on the manifold over the years. I usually got 6 to 7 years out of them

I think they are pretty much gone.

Westers had them listed for $150 US, I tried twice to order them. The first time was before Christmas and my money was refunded due to holidays. The second time he said they were out of stock and to order from Walt.

I think they are all POS! Mine D-Tech just bit the dust today. It was only 1 yr and 3 months old! Call Dipaco and they could have givin a rats azz less about it! I really believe that's why you only get a year warranty with these pmd. Seems better off to order some used ones and change them out as they die. Wish they would come up with a better solution.

Whatever you end up doing make sure you seal the 4 thin screws on the PMD itself to prevent salt from eating them. That's what failed on my Heath Isolator, the SALT, of course, ate the mounting screws so proper tension couldn't be constant for heat xfer and it overheated and failed.

On my replacement I put a nice dab of silicone rtv on each of the 4 heads to seal them clean. No hiding from the NE salt... Foot of snow on April Fools day too??? Got a slight sunburn today :)

Whatever you end up doing make sure you seal the 4 thin screws on the PMD itself to prevent salt from eating them. That's what failed on my Heath Isolator, the SALT, of course, ate the mounting screws so proper tension couldn't be constant for heat xfer and it overheated and failed. On my replacement I put a nice dab of silicone rtv on each of the 4 heads to seal them clean. No hiding from the NE salt... Foot of snow on April Fools day too??? Got a slight sunburn today :)

I think my FSD location is not that bad after all,is it? ;)

Attachments

• FSD in fender.jpg
    FSD in fender.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 4
Back