• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1st Dead Dipaco/DTech PMD ??

Used on 2 different trucks. Is working now on the truck it came off as well as the Burb although I only used it for a few minutes..But I'm tellin ya. You had to be there that day. I never saw anything like what the engine was doing with that PMD. I thought the engine was going to flip upside down.

Same with the PMD I had on the 98 Suburban when it went crazy. I have that PMD in a box waiting for try #2

Used on 2 different trucks. Is working now on the truck it came off as well as the Burb although I only used it for a few minutes..But I'm tellin ya. You had to be there that day. I never saw anything like what the engine was doing with that PMD. I thought the engine was going to flip upside down.

I have messed with my timing a lot, and found that when I retard the timing a lot I get some bucking and what not. I know people have issues when running the TDCO learm too. I can make my engine to that if I go extreme retarded. One thing that has me wondering on that point, while in TDCO learn, is that OBD2 trucks increases idle to 1000rpm. Thats what the timing sticky says. Well that messes with TDCO settings, I will get a different TDCO by switching programs in my truck with all different idle settings. Not moving the IP at all I can go from -.5 to -1.5 just by messing with the idle. So in OBD1 stuff we run ours at normal idle, from 565rpm to 700rpm. That is going to produce different actual IP position to get the same value. Maybe thats why OBD2 allowed you to go out to 2.5 TDCO vice 2.00 on OBD1. Because the IP position may actually be the same when an OBD2 truck is at 2.41 when an OBD1 truck is at 1.94.

If you could get scanner data during one of these truck fits it would be interesting to see what the PCM desired idle value is doing, the desired vs measured timing, actual fuel injection pump timing and the desired fuel rate.

Perhaps the problem was disturbed and fixed from the swapping of PMD's instead of the actual PMD.

It makes me appreciate how tough the crank and engine mounts are watching that engine convulse like that :) If you're referring to that day at your house when we watched that PMD shake that engine like a salt shaker.

Yep. I'm trying to get a new take off Black Standyne. from someone. I can't blow 260$ on a Grey Standyne not knowing if they are going to be any good. This is how the Flight Systems started out. Everyone thought they were so great. They are turning out to be junk.

Back