• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1998 6.5 Air intake heater

Ace, you're a piss poor salesman. None of us will ever buy your lemon:rolleyes5::D

Just thought i'd check in... After changing my thermostats the truck is putting out heat like it should, and i hooked up my laptop to my OBD II port with ScanXL and found that the non intercooled system increases intake temperatures by about 50*C so an intake heater is certainly pointless while driving on these things... Definitely isnt out of the question for starting though.

Only thing is that now the trucks speedo quit working and it shifts super hard and erratically... I have a rear Vehicle speed sensor coming in tomorrow... Im hoping that its that and not a ground or broken wire...

Glad you updated us, Dylly, and glad your heat is working again!

As for your speedo, there is a thread on Grounds in the Technical Library... go through yours and make sure everything is clean and has good contact; it might very wel fix your problems, and at worst, it won't hurt anything. Grounds on these trucks are an ongoing preventative maintenance issue.

Leo - you went from Brooks to Castor on Hwy 36? The forever Highway? The one that describes infinity? LOL. Set the cruise, go in the back for a nap, pal. The only turn on that road is at Hanna. :)

Am I the only one who just painted some cardboard black and used black duct tape and covered the grill in the winter? Truck pumped out the heat, stayed at 195 all winter long, though it wouldnt budge 160 without the grill blocked. Total cost: Approx. 25 cents.

Costs more than that, NM...

- First, you gotta buy the 24-pack of beer. (for the cardboard, you understand).
- You can drink the first 6-pack while unfolding the cardboard.
- The second six-pack is for the paint job.
- The third 6-pack is to get you through cleaning all the paint off the kitchen floor.

Oops

- the fourth sixpack is to help you duct-tape the cardboard on the truck to keep it warm... after all, you have to sleep in there tonight.

Not cheap at all :D

Leo - you went from Brooks to Castor on Hwy 36? The forever Highway? The one that describes infinity? LOL. Set the cruise, go in the back for a nap, pal. The only turn on that road is at Hanna. :)

Don't I know it, I should get a medal for making that run. I could really use 3.42 gears on that drive):h

Back