• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1995 Work in Progress

Well done, and let us know if you notice any difference in spooling, performance or efficiency.

I don't know what my turbo sounded like before the K47 but now that it works it sounds amazing! You won't be able to stop making her sing. Its addicting.

I don't know what my turbo sounded like before the K47 but now that it works it sounds amazing! You won't be able to stop making her sing. Its addicting.
Just wait tell you get a exhaust system. Though it sucks cause I never can keep my foot out of it now.

Hey stranger! Glad you sent me a link to this thread, I don't get on here enough to find it on my own. Oh, and guys, I've seen this truck in person and it's NICE!

That stinks about the bed side too, but if it's still like that when you come up to get the intakes put on I'll work my magis on it if you want me too and maybe it will save you a little cash.

I completely agree with your last post to, when I changed to my version of a CAI and added the 4" mandrel exhaust the turbo sure would talk to me, lol. Really helps with the mileage when your foots always in it...

Just let me know when will be good for you as far as the intakes go or if you want you can just leave it with me (it will be cool that way) and I will take care of it. Any time other than Saturday though, it's my little man's birthday. LMK

Hey stranger! Glad you sent me a link to this thread, I don't get on here enough to find it on my own. Oh, and guys, I've seen this truck in person and it's NICE!

That stinks about the bed side too, but if it's still like that when you come up to get the intakes put on I'll work my magis on it if you want me too and maybe it will save you a little cash.

I completely agree with your last post to, when I changed to my version of a CAI and added the 4" mandrel exhaust the turbo sure would talk to me, lol. Really helps with the mileage when your foots always in it...

Just let me know when will be good for you as far as the intakes go or if you want you can just leave it with me (it will be cool that way) and I will take care of it. Any time other than Saturday though, it's my little man's birthday. LMK

Yeah she sings like crazy and i get more looks now (gotta love the look does that have a turbo?) Havent noticed a hole lot of difference with the new intake though i still am on my first tank of diesel. Hopefully i will be taking a trip soon and will be able to see a mpg change.
How does Wednesday sound? Id like to at least watch (if possible) On the install and love to help haha. As for the fender i would kill if you would do some of your magic. As soon as its fixed it it will be bedlined. Just let me know give me a call or message me.

Is there anything special i need to look for on replacing the pcv valve? Rock auto has one for 37.79 and says its for 1995 6.5. Will that one work?

Well After a lot of help (he did most of it) from DieselS10 we got the upper and lower intake on the truck, fixed the rear fender, and fixed my spare tire! Oh and had some fun with quads and such. Anyways back to the intakes Only prob we had is a radiatior line (aluminum) cracked and was leaking easy fix though. Other than that no big problems. Here are some pics if anyone wants more or info just let me know.
The start
Intakes002.jpg

Looks great dont it?
Intakes009.jpg

Intakes013.jpg

Intakes026.jpg

Intakes040.jpg

The valley which was a lot cleaner than expected.
Intakes021.jpg

And the final product
Intakes055.jpg

And before you ask the reason for the tubing and clamps is because the intake was shortened because it was in a s10. Still works great
And the fender fixed and ready for Speedliner
Intakes063.jpg

And just for the heck of it here is DieselS10 truck with the 6.6 duramax in it (BEAST)
Intakes078.jpg

I just took the intake off my 95 to change some fuel lines and do the FTB mod and there had to be a 1/1/2'' of dirt in the valley. This truck must have spent alot of time on dirt road's in Virginia, it was a state or county before I owned it.

Mark

Well just got back from a 500 mile round trip to kansas averaged 19mpgs cruising at 70 with a 20mph head wind. Not to shabby if i do say so my myself.

Well just got back from a 500 mile round trip to kansas averaged 19mpgs cruising at 70 with a 20mph head wind. Not to shabby if i do say so my myself.

Good MPG!!

What gear ratio do you have? I have the HD 3/4 ton with 4.10 and the extra drag of 4WD and have yet to get over the low 15's with local driving. I haven't done any long distance with it yet though.

Don

Back