• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1995 Work in Progress

017.jpg

019.jpg

047.jpg

034.jpg

037.jpg

Well got a price quote to fix the damage above the muffler alone with no paint work. It will be around 200. So now ima see if i cant get a shop to do the work to repair and go ahead and rhino line the rocker panels for 500 flat. we shall see.

Looks like a firestone tread. Possibly one of the recalled tires that slipped through the cracks? That really sucks. I had a similar experience with a tire that took out my front light assembly, front fender, and passenger door. Not fun

Looks like a firestone tread. Possibly one of the recalled tires that slipped through the cracks? That really sucks. I had a similar experience with a tire that took out my front light assembly, front fender, and passenger door. Not fun

Yup its a recall tire. Been doing some research. Doesn't surprise me that it slipped through the cracks seeing how the guy who owned the truck before barely drove it. Oh well i guarantee firestone wont do a thing about it so it aint worth tyring.

Well since that happened now im starting to look at tires. What do yall recommend? I am wanting to go with 265/75/16 if possible (don't have to tweek suspension that much) otherwise i will stick with 245's. Im looking at duratracs, silent armors, and not sure what else. I need a overall tire for towing and slight off road.

Thanks
Caleb

I run Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's and really like them, they're not cheap mind you.

What rear are you running, I found if you are moving weight etc that a 265 on a 3.42 is a little tall for a stock tune, it'll work but you'll be a bit doggy. Now that my 265's are worn to more like a full 245 things are better, just my 2 cents.

Yep you'll need that bracket for the airbox, stuff like that in that condition I just loosely wire brush and soak with Fluid Film or Spray On S00777 outdoor wax coatings.

Cheers
Nobby

Anyone hered of a Nexen Roadian a/t II? I got 2 of them from my uncle on a trade and put them on since i was in a jam. But after looking them up they dont seem to bad. Though id like the tread to be more aggressive The load rating on them is 3042 per tire at 80psi. And there only like 104-125 per tire.

Yeah since I already have 2 I'm prob just gonna get 2 more for cheap ware the crap out of them then get the ones I want...

Well since that happened now im starting to look at tires. What do yall recommend? I am wanting to go with 265/75/16 if possible (don't have to tweek suspension that much) otherwise i will stick with 245's. Im looking at duratracs, silent armors, and not sure what else. I need a overall tire for towing and slight off road.

Thanks
Caleb

I picked up some Toyo M55's in 265x75x16 traction & snow. They are E load rated, which I think is equal to 10 ply. They are what I consider a mild traction tread. They do have some highway whine, but not objectionable. They were used so I don't know how many miles on them or how they will wear, but if they are like other Toyo's I've been around they should be good.

I had them installed on some alloy rims that apparently have more offset than stock. Because of this extra offset I did have to trim the trailing edge of the bumper and air dam just a bit.

So far I am really pleased with these Toyo's. Something you might check out for your future needs.

Don

Well i got the k47 all ready to putt in. just waiting on the air filter. Here are some pics of getting the bottom mounting bracket looking "better" And the 90 degree sewage elbow.
PARTS001-1.jpg

PARTS014.jpg

PARTS015.jpg

Well after a super quick delivery from the wrecker (ordered thursday night got here monday morning :eek:). I got the K47 installed. Ended up being a pain in the but due to tools breaking wrong part etc. But its done now. By the for future reference for anyone its 3" 90 degree elbow with a female mail end (not female female). Here are some pics.
Start
PARTS002-2.jpg

Stupid tool
PARTS018.jpg

Final product
PARTS022.jpg

PARTS029.jpg

Also Checked the turbo and had no play in it but did seem some blowby Anything i should bee worried about? Ill prob be replacing the tuna can soon.
PARTS010.jpg

Back