• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

12/3/10 - What type of Cell Phone do you prefer?

What type of cell phone do you have?

• Total voters

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What type of cell phone do you prefer?

Android - Based
Blackberry
iPhone
Other
Some old POS that refuses to die
Who needs a cell phone, I can talk to everyone I need by walking in the house!!

Nice Poll!! ;)

I have the HTC Droid Incredible and it's friggin Incredible, lol. Does everything I want of it.

My dad and older sister both have the BB Bold, and that's also a nice phone, but much more business oriented, whereas the Droid is a phone for all uses.

POS here. I ****ing hate new smart* phones. Mother****ing **********s are too smart for their own good. Mark my words, you dock one of those things into a piece of hardware with thumbs and we're ****ing dead. Robot revolution right then and there, thank you Steve Jobs.

I want a phone that I can call or text anyone from anywhere, that's it. I don't care if someone knows "Devin Checked In At the...<wherever>", I don't care if there is an app for that...DIE IN A FIRE!!!

Laugh when I read what Devin wrote and I just want a dang phone that rings and lets me know it. Not all the different crap you can get. The son in law has to have every dang elctronic top he can and has it all going even when driving and someday he will kill someone because he is not paying attention to the driving. Just a ring is all I want!!

I got an Iphone but cant use it in Afghanistan.

So right now I have a cheap ol cell phone.

I can not wait to get the heck out of this dump.

When I've signed up for plans I always pick one of the "free" phones. Have an LG Ellipse right now. Does what I need except no games....dammit :D

I would prefer a Droid X as I could use the HD Video for work. I need the email function and just alittle more for texting and making phone calls. Could give a rats butt about surfing the internet. I just hate playing catch up when I get to the motel room. This phone would give me the options I need to stay produtive out in the field.

POS here. I ****ing hate new smart* phones. Mother****ing **********s are too smart for their own good. Mark my words, you dock one of those things into a piece of hardware with thumbs and we're ****ing dead. Robot revolution right then and there, thank you Steve Jobs.

I want a phone that I can call or text anyone from anywhere, that's it. I don't care if someone knows "Devin Checked In At the...<wherever>", I don't care if there is an app for that...DIE IN A FIRE!!!
X10

OLD SCHOOL. A Phone is a phone, not some f*&^ing pocket computer. How impersonable are we going to be,how distracted from reality are we willing to get.
Texting is making people impersonable. When I see kids sitting at the same table texting each other instead of talking to each other WTF is that. Screw LOL I would like to hear you LOL when I say something funny. Kids keeping there eyes glued to some screen instead of looking where they are walking or driving. TOTAL BS.

I know I'm stuck with this crap and have to deal with it, but it would be nice to have a conversation with someone instead of typing slang or typing at all. I like to get to know the person on the other end. I like to see,hear, or feel the emotion so as to engage in the conversation. So as far as I'm concerned you can keep your I gotta have it all right now on my person info and net connected phones. The only thing that it would be good for to me is if I was broke down and needed to get help on the forum to get me and my family down the road again. Other than that,this old school guy will try to stay as personable as possible in this electronics gone mad world. Sorry for the rant,thanks for the poll to get the chance to express how I feel about all this impersonable crap society gives us and then charges us big bucks for to basically be emotionally disconnected but electronically connected.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH got that off my chest.
I feel much better now I think I'll go kiss my wife and play with my kids.

I have the... boulder thing. That indestructible phone thing. It does everything I need it too and usually when I need it to do something I've never tried to do it does it. I wouldn't mind one of those smart phones but they just don't last. I needed something that would be useful, have a camera and video function, and be able to survive my line or work.

I do have to agree with some of the above rants though :D Far to many people hiding behind there phones leading "emotional disconnected" lives instead of actually talking. My favorite is still the "text message breakup" a few of my friends have either gotten or sent that message.

Blackberry 8830 dual band.

Works everywhere across the globe. GSM and CDMA. Important for me as I can end up anywhere on a moments notice (and have).

I use it as a phone, text, email push and an organizer/contacts.

Got some family pics and a bit of music on a 2 gig micro sd card.

Hands free through blutooth to both a "jawbone" and my TomTom GO720. Bluetooth to a motorola s9 stereo headset for music and phone on the go when biking or working out (the s9 is also a hands free).

That's about it.

Durable little sumbitch. 4 years old and still working great. Lost track of how many times it's been dropped or flown unpressurized over 10,000 feet. It's even been underwater once :eek:

Battery last for days as long as it's not hunting for a signal (IE: no towers around)

About once every six month or so I do have to pull the battery out and let it do a reset, dunno what that's all about but it does get used an awful lot.... :dunno:

Last edited:
Necessary evil

Motorola I-680 Brute. Nextel for the last 15 years.

I don't type with my thumbs, so microscopic QWERTY keyboars need not apply.

But devin tell us how you really feel about smart phones.:mad2::agreed::agreed:

I'm with you 100%

I don't need a "smart phone" at a smart phone price and a smart phone monthly fee...

don't like texting unless phone reception doesn't allow it... WTF is up with that anyway? how come a text can go through sometimes when a call cannot?

I think I'll just stick to my beater phone. it's not fancy by any means. It's got a colour screen if you want to call it that LOL. but it's survives being dropped and takes abuse well. It's even gone through the washer and still works. all it needs is a new battery after 6 years of use.

as for the qwerty keyboards WTF were they thinking making the buttons that small. I hit 4 at the same time, all the time. screw that.

I like my iPhone. Keeps me informed and helps me get my job done.

i don't have a cell phone,got no reception where i live anyway.
my wife has one(i haven't a clue what brand or kind) in case she get truck trouble on the road on the way to and from work.

I have an old pre paid tmobile that you cant read the numbers on anymore. ive have it for id say 5 years atleast. when it dies i am NOT getting a new one. i hate always having a phone on me.

Sanyo flip phone that's about 3 years old. I do not text. Prior phone was a motorola star tac that I had and liked for 10 years. Everyone made fun of me with it... F*** 'em!

Back