• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

12-26-10 - How satisfied are you with the site speed?

Site Speed?

• I'm happy, no issues for me!

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Slower than other diesel sites, but ok.

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Its unbearable....I don't like it!

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't know this was even an issue. I have never had any problems with the speed of the site. You guys are doing a great job in my book!

I voted fine for me. It is slow right now, but everything is pretty slow for dialup! :)

when I am on better internet, it is lickety split.
in fact, on dialup, the lack of scrolling ads makes it faster than other sites.

all in all, great job guys, no issues here!

Funny you ask. Lately I've noticed it slower than usual. I often have to open another tab while this site loads. Not a big deal, but it slowly eats away at my patience. It's a great site so I can wait.

I find it is hit and miss... 98% of the time it is ok...it's just on rare occasion when it seems to just come to a standstill with few users on (not at site backup time)

the occasional quirk where you have to click more than once to get it to go somewhere hasn't happened in a while either...hope that stays gone...

I give it an A-

I'm with Pepp n this one. 99% no problem but it does slow down around 3AM(EST) even thought there might be 3 or 4 members on.

I voted unbearable.
I don't know if it is the site,the IP or my puter but most times i got trouble loading and/or changing pages or posting.
Some days i just give up.
I have these problems with TTS and to a far lesser degree with DP,other sites are fine

I vote A-. It's my favorite Truck site so. I am tolerant of some issues I have had. Sometimes I am not sure if it is me and my computer or the web site. I am writting this from my son's place and computer in Thibodaux, LA and it is blistering fast.

Meh, S'okay I guess.

Hangs on that "redirecting" page after logging in from time to time and requires an "F5" or mousing over to click the page link.

I wish that was faster sometimes, or didn't exist at all......

Last edited:
Am I the only one that's getting tired of the slow status of this site? Hate to bring it up, but what's the problem with it? This is the only site I have issues with so I don't think its on my end...

No, I sometimes have the same problem, Gerald. Have you run a tracert test on your connection to TTS? If you have, send it to me in a PM so I can have a peek at what's happening under the surface.

Try to get a couple of them... one on a fast day, and another on a slow day.

It seems slow to me most times too, most times I just open the page and then open another tab and look at something else until it loads. This is the only site I have trouble with also, but I love it so it's worth the wait. Not complaining, just saying.

Thanks for all ya'll do.

No, I sometimes have the same problem, Gerald. Have you run a tracert test on your connection to TTS? If you have, send it to me in a PM so I can have a peek at what's happening under the surface.

Ok Jim, I googled how to use the tracer but don't know if it's right. Start---run---CMD---tracert...is this right? What should I be looking for in the box that opens up?

Ok Jim, I googled how to use the tracer but don't know if it's right. Start---run---CMD---tracert...is this right? What should I be looking for in the box that opens up?

Gerald, your almost there. After tracert -press space bar-thetruckstop.us-press enter.

I also have hit or miss in the speed department.

I can honestly say that it's not my connection as when it gets to slow and I go to another site they load faster.

My biggest complaint although not related to speed is time consuming. Having to refresh the page by toggling forum and todays posts.

If I look at a post and hit the back button, it doesn't refresh the page, and show any new pm or posts.

All worth it though to be on an otherwise great site.

My biggest complaint although not related to speed is time consuming. Having to refresh the page by toggling forum and todays posts. IIRC, that's an issue with the new VB software that's not fixable as yet

All worth it though to be on an otherwise great site.
Won't find any doubters on that part!:thumbsup:

Jim, I did the print screen but cannot figure out how to att it to a PM. How do I get it to you?

Back