• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

02 K2500 SCLB LB7 Auto

Ferm, do you have any input on injector swaps, time needed, parts/tools needed, what to do while you're in there type stuff.

I have cash so I am tempted to go pick it up 2mro

Takes me about 6-7 hours to do them , and another 30 minutes or so to do the valve adjustment while your in there. It isn't a bad job, but there are soem things to be careful of. I ALWAYS go in with a pair of large pliers and rotate the injectors side to side after I loosen the hold down bolt to help break the o-ring seal to help prevent the cups from pulling. Also there is a feel to pulling them as to help avoid pulling the cups. If the cups do pull out you need to clean them up and reseal them properly or else you will start puking coolant out i nshort order. It isn't a bad job, but you will need a few tools that some may not have. A 5MM ball end allen socket(A GOOD one, not a cheapy) helps alot in getting the drivers side valve cover off. The rear bolts are TIGHT to say the least against the firewall. And I believe it is a 8MM allen socket to do the inejctor hold down bolts. Also it's the perfect time to do the t-stats(OEM or AC DECLO ONLY), and the turbo coolant hose going to the turbo(3/8" PUROSIL silicone hose is preferred).

Understood. I was going to pay 6500 for a 2wd that had original injectors. Might as well be into a 4x4 w/ new injectors for the same price.

source unknown

Congrats! nice price too!

original ad deleted. post up some pics please!

If you dont mind me asking, what happened on the 02 2wd? the guy turn out to be a dick?

He stopped answering calls and texts, I didnt peg him for the guy that would sell out from under me. I canceled the check for the downpayment, the deal was he wouldnt cash it until we met up so I didnt loose any other than the 45 min trip to try to meet up.

I hope this one turns out ok. I dont like all of the lights so there might be some body work or a cab swap to get rid of them. EVENTUALLY

Couple pics he sent me

00Z0Z_7GrZj3tesas_600x450.jpg

00S0S_kYeOnf5th7b_600x450.jpg

00m0m_hHFuWHh42qC_600x450.jpg

I'll answer your question from an intermediate mechanical skilled person...I did my injectors about 8 mos. ago and it took me approximately 16 hours...two 8 or more hour days...I took my time to make sure I didn't have to go back in...and that is with me having screw in injector cups and not having to worry about pulling an injector cup or having to reseal any of them because of that...and it still took that long...

I get bout 4hrs/day if lucky, I don't mind time involved. I want the truck usable ASAP.

Screw in cups take pulling heads and machine work correct?

Any ideas on the external fuel leak?

source unknown

I get bout 4hrs/day if lucky, I don't mind time involved. I want the truck usable ASAP.

Screw in cups take pulling heads and machine work correct?

Any ideas on the external fuel leak?

source unknown

no idea on the fuel leak...I often get faint odor of diesel and wonder where it is coming from myself...

the screw in cups do require machining...i don't know if anyone is still doing this...Industrial Injection was the one selling the machine work and cups a couple of years ago when I rebuilt the motor...

note: I would not buy injectors or pumps from them...their reputation precedes itself in that area...

they have an outside machine shop do the screw in injector cups and I feel that shop did a great job.

the charge (less shipping each way) to do this was $850 and that includes a finish cut on the heads while cutting the protrusion of the injector cups threads...

If I ever get the chance to buy a cheap long block then I might send the heads off. If the injectors go out twice then I figure the cups are bound to come loose at least once and the price of the thread in cups might be worth it.

Since I will have the pump and injectors out possibly the temptation to go bigger is eating at me... lol

Who should I get injectors and cp3 from? Stock and oversized.

There are a lot of shops but don't know who has good service.

source unknown

I've been buying them from Lincoln diesel for stockers, but I don't know if they are using GM remans or BOSCH now. GM has now started using there own rebuilder for the LB7 injectors, and it has yet to be seen if they are as thoroughly remanned as BOSCH units are or not. I belive MERCHANT, SOCAL, and EXERGY are all still using and selling genuine BOSCH products.

Back