• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

'99 Chev CC SB K2500 cummins repower

I don't know about low gear, but it reads accurate for high gear. For myself, I don't think knowing my speed in low gear is an issue. You are probably right though.

Thanks for all the compliments!

Twin turdblows would be cool!!
Big Blue when you doing yours?

Twin turdblows? wtf??? That definatly made me laugh!

Not sure yet. I've been cycling a lot of engines through my mind right now. One of the big reasons I've been looking at different engines is I wanted to do something different than the usual Cummins conversion. I had considered doing an HPCR swap, but there excessively expensive. Spoke with Fermanator about doing a possible DMAX/ALLISON swap. But they can get pretty expensive. Looked at swapping in a 7.3 Powerstroke with a ZF6... Then the New Holland Motor came around. I bought that from the junkyard as it is almost exactly the same as the Cummins. And NOBODY I've been able to find has put that thing in a pickup truck... :D though I am concerned a little about weight... But my part time boss may be able to use it more than i will for the International.

I'm not sure yet. So far I have it narrowed down to three. The 7.3 Powerstroke, the 5.9 Cummins, or the 6.6 New Holland. Man so many choices :D

Either of them would just be fawkin awesome to swap in. The Cummins has the best power potential also the easiest. and the NV4500 is a pretty good trans. But I grew up around the Powerstroke and absolutely love the sound and it also has the 6 speed to go behind it... The New Holland would be a stretch due to weight and possible length issues... But I have it in my possession. And the Clark 280VO, though hard to find, is a tough transmission to break.

Don't want to jack this thread so ignore my rambling lol.

Well, epic fail on my part. The only part I measured on the New Holland motor was the valve cover and that was 34" long. Just measured my co workers 24 valve... 28.75"... epic fail :D lol

Guess its going to the International!

Back on topic, VIDEO! lol

Well, nothing ever goes as easily as you hope it would. I bought this TCI trans control unit or TCU. I got it brand new with wiring for 500$. Now I know why! I knew it was the earlier model, but what I didn't know was it needs to have a tach signal from a distributor type engine and diesels usually use the alternator. Well, after a bunch of freaking out I did a little research and found out that dakota digital sell a diesel tach signal converter that is completly tunable. 65$. Ya hoo! Now I have to hurry up and wait. That is the last piece of the puzzle hopefully. I hope I have it fully functional on thursday or friday.

That's great to hear you got it figured out. I've learned fast that you always have to read the fine print. Otherwise it comes back and bites you in the ass.

Pics lol!

Well, nothing ever goes as easily as you hope it would. I bought this TCI trans control unit or TCU. I got it brand new with wiring for 500$. Now I know why! I knew it was the earlier model, but what I didn't know was it needs to have a tach signal from a distributor type engine and diesels usually use the alternator. Well, after a bunch of freaking out I did a little research and found out that dakota digital sell a diesel tach signal converter that is completly tunable. 65$. Ya hoo! Now I have to hurry up and wait. That is the last piece of the puzzle hopefully. I hope I have it fully functional on thursday or friday.

Sounds a bit frustrating Mike. Glad you got it all figured out. Just so you know, I'm still jealous :sad:

Well, I finally got all my transmission issues figured out, now it is just a matter of tuning in the shift points. Nice to have my truck fully functional again. It sure pulls hard in OD lockup, nice to see 30PSI boost. Cheers,

Mike

The cummins engine come with a coolant based oil cooler on the side of the block. The cummins doesn't have an issue with over heating, I have heard some people not even running a fan for short periods without an issue. Thanks for the advice. It would seriousely go against my grain to put a dodge trans in. I would probably get the 4L built before I would do that. Not a dodge fan, but who can say anything bad about cummins, right?

Cheers
Mike

x2. The GM tranny is much better. Dodge tranny is junk, trust me. Mine shifts like shit. Could you PM me the link for the company you got the motor mount and trans adaptor kits from ? I love CHUM's(Chevy w/ Cummins). The 5.9 is a good engine except for the junk VP44 Ip's but in a swap like this you can P Pump it and you got a friggin great engine. Simple engine too. Simple goes along way. I like what Ferm did with his Dmax swap but lets face it, the electronics involved in that are not for the faint of heart. You really gotta know your shit and I'll be the first to say I couldn't do it. I want to P Pump a 24v(not a 53 block) and drop it in some sort of Chevy sooo bad...

x2. The GM tranny is much better. Dodge tranny is junk, trust me. Mine shifts like shit. Could you PM me the link for the company you got the motor mount and trans adaptor kits from ? I love CHUM's(Chevy w/ Cummins). The 5.9 is a good engine except for the junk VP44 Ip's but in a swap like this you can P Pump it and you got a friggin great engine. Simple engine too. Simple goes along way. I like what Ferm did with his Dmax swap but lets face it, the electronics involved in that are not for the faint of heart. You really gotta know your shit and I'll be the first to say I couldn't do it. I want to P Pump a 24v(not a 53 block) and drop it in some sort of Chevy sooo bad...

I almost did just that. If you only knew how close I was to dropping the hammer on a 24 valve from an 01 and ordering the P-pump conversion kit. What changed my mind was we rode up to wally world to pick up a few things and I heard a 12 valve and a 24 valve drive by me at the same time and I decided then and there I couldn't stand to listen to that in my BURB. I was even going to source out one of the new fandangled 68RFE's to back it up. I'm happy with the DMAX though. The wiring wasn't bad for me, but then again I can do electrical that most would tremble at.

I almost did just that. If you only knew how close I was to dropping the hammer on a 24 valve from an 01 and ordering the P-pump conversion kit. What changed my mind was we rode up to wally world to pick up a few things and I heard a 12 valve and a 24 valve drive by me at the same time and I decided then and there I couldn't stand to listen to that in my BURB. I was even going to source out one of the new fandangled 68RFE's to back it up. I'm happy with the DMAX though. The wiring wasn't bad for me, but then again I can do electrical that most would tremble at.

Dos that mean a mechanical 24v?????? IE No electronics..

Mike,

Let's see a great youtube video!

That thing rules, crew cab Chevy with a Cummins. Unbeatable!

I can do that, maybe once it warms up a bit. I doesn't quite have the snap the 6.5 did, but you can sure tell it won't quite as fast. Can't wait to tow something.

Mike

I can do that, maybe once it warms up a bit. I doesn't quite have the snap the 6.5 did, but you can sure tell it won't quite as fast. Can't wait to tow something.

Mike

It should have way more snap than a 6.5. It's not to bad to P pump a 24v at all. Only challenge it presents in the Dodges is losing the goodies like cruise etc. In something like this it's cake. Not a big fan of VP44s. Guy get some seriuos HP running them but it always seems as if your on Pins and needles waiting for it to die.

Very cool.

Nice to have only one head.

30 PSI boost and only 250 hp? Seems like it should be a lot faster than the 6.5.

Nice work......those early model CC/SB trucks are rare. Built beefier than what we've got now, that's for sure. Did you have fitment issues with the 4x4 and tall motor?

Back