• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

'99 Chev CC SB K2500 cummins repower

nice expression! I have never heard that one before! :thumbsup:

But me personally, i like rowing the ol boat along! :)

good luck with the swap, keep us posted!

If I would of been thinking correcty I would of done the Cummins swap when I my engine went sideways. And I would of put a manual trans in it at the same time!

I did the same swap as you are planing in my 96 4x4. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks Leroy, but you already have! We spoke on the phone a few times. Thanks a lot!

I am nearly done! Drove it across the shop and backed it up just to make sure everything was turning. What a wierd feeling hearing a cummins in a chevy! Awesome! Test drive is tomorrow and I will upload all pics in the next few days. I wanted to do all my progress pics at once so you could see it from start to finish in one sitting. TTYL!

Mike

OH OK. Yea nothing like that sound. You will turn alot of heads or atleast people that know, that kind of sound should not be coming from that truck!!
It blows me away when I compair the bottom end of a Cummins to the 6.5 The Cummins has massive rods....the 6.5 looks like little 350 gas motor components. I love my 6.5, but it not a fair compairison. If my 6.5 Takes a dump I will be doing another swap. Basicaly the same costs envolved, its a no brainer for me.

Here are some pics of the start of the project.
Cummins removal from donor truck, prep, 6.5 extraction, Custom motor mounts and Cummins shoe horned in.

Attachments

• IMGP0622.jpg
    IMGP0622.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMGP0661.jpg
    IMGP0661.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMGP0649.jpg
    IMGP0649.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMGP0644.jpg
    IMGP0644.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMGP0640.jpg
    IMGP0640.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMGP0638.jpg
    IMGP0638.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMGP0631.jpg
    IMGP0631.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMGP0627.jpg
    IMGP0627.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMGP0667.jpg
    IMGP0667.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMGP0670.jpg
    IMGP0670.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 37
More Pics, cummins sitting in the truck, more motor mount pics, custom downpipe (PITA) and some general fitment pics.

Attachments

• IMGP0682.jpg
    IMGP0682.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 36
  • IMGP0681.jpg
    IMGP0681.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMGP0680.jpg
    IMGP0680.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMGP0678.jpg
    IMGP0678.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMGP0677.jpg
    IMGP0677.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMGP0665.jpg
    IMGP0665.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMGP0664.jpg
    IMGP0664.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 38
More pics. No room for mech fan. Going electric. Custom AC bracket, Battery tray and Intake, ATA and custom Aluminum Rad.

Attachments

• IMGP0691.jpg
    IMGP0691.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMGP0692.jpg
    IMGP0692.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 36
  • IMGP0693.jpg
    IMGP0693.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 41
I seem to remember using the stock Dodge downpipe, but I cut off the turbo flange and turned downpipe upside down then welded the flange back onto it.
How are you controlling the trans?

I seem to remember using the stock Dodge downpipe, but I cut off the turbo flange and turned downpipe upside down then welded the flange back onto it.
How are you controlling the trans?

I have a TCU from TCI which I am having a bit of trouble getting to work right now. I wanted it programmable so I could change TCC lockup and shift point etc. Hopefully today I can get it shifting past 2nd gear. Other than that everything is working great!

I've never played with TCI. I believe they give you a GM TPS? You may need to ajust it?
Looks like fun!

I have a TCU from TCI which I am having a bit of trouble getting to work right now. I wanted it programmable so I could change TCC lockup and shift point etc. Hopefully today I can get it shifting past 2nd gear. Other than that everything is working great!

lol its working great! Now lets see a video! I love cummins swaps!

And if you don't mind me asking, could you throw a measuring tape on the valve cover of that cummins for me? Say front to back? It would be greatly appreciated. How did everything work out for you anyway? Shes running well? Piss the neighbors off yet? :D

I love Cummins swaps :D:thumbsup:

lol its working great! Now lets see a video! I love cummins swaps!

And if you don't mind me asking, could you throw a measuring tape on the valve cover of that cummins for me? Say front to back? It would be greatly appreciated. How did everything work out for you anyway? Shes running well? Piss the neighbors off yet? :D

I love Cummins swaps :D:thumbsup:

ME TOO! When I measured it first thing with the fan, it was only 2.5 inches longer than the 6.5. The kicker is the intercooler. If I had gone without it, I would have had loads of space. It runs fantastic! Starts amazing. My neighbours are diesel nuts too, so no piss offs ......... yet!):h

ME TOO! When I measured it first thing with the fan, it was only 2.5 inches longer than the 6.5. The kicker is the intercooler. If I had gone without it, I would have had loads of space. It runs fantastic! Starts amazing. My neighbours are diesel nuts too, so no piss offs ......... yet!):h

Throw some Twins on it! A 12 valve and older 24 valve sounds badass when the twins spool up with the roar of the cummins in the background! What kind of mods do you have in mind down the road? HP / TQ range?

So without the intercooler there would have been alot more room? Interesting:D

Did you put the back of the engine as close to the firewall as you could? That would mean moving tans ect... back too.
I left my trans in stock position and mounted the engine, that meant it was forward and not much room at all in front. If you go to Chevy dealer you can get factory pusher fans that will bolt right in like stock. I got two of them and relocated the trans cooler. I believe the application for the fans is a gasser 454 truck (can't remember now). The plug for them is exactly like the plug on our lift pumps, so if you have an old lift pump or two cut off the plugs and wire them up.
Next time I will mount the engine back and deal with trans, driveshaft, shift linkage....

Twin turdblows would be cool!!
Big Blue when you doing yours?

Did you put the back of the engine as close to the firewall as you could? That would mean moving tans ect... back too.

Yep, I did. It moved back about 2 inches. Like I said, with that intercooler, there is no extra room. I had to move the oil cooler, AC coil etc ahead 1 inch to get everthing to fit, that meant trimming the grill too. It all worked out well though.

I will probably do some pump tweaking when it warms up. I think the way it is, it will spank my 6.5 pulling something. I think if I could get to 250-300 I would be happy.

Did TCI ever get there controller to work with the GM 4X4 system? I looked into them before when I considered a CUMMINS swap, and they said that I would have to have the output speed sensor in the trans as there unit couldn't adjust for the low range in the transfer case.

Back