• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1996 K2500 “Krovvy”

If I was near you, I'd want to swing by to get that rear bumper and windshield not to mention talk you out of that really nice black camper in the background LOL
The windshield is cracked and the bumper is rusted through in the middle. Don’t worry, I took every single good part off of it. 😊

Finally getting back to this one.

First step was to unpack all of the parts that I had stored in the cab and bed. Once out where I could see them, those got sorted and strategically stashed for while the truck got worked on. I also removed the bed so I could finish the welding on the cab corner.

IMG_9498.jpegIMG_9500.jpegIMG_9499.jpeg

Once welding was done, it was time to paint the inside of the cab floor. I used KBS Rust Seal and the 2-stage prep to go along with the paint.

IMG_9545.jpegIMG_9546.jpeg

While painting, I also painted the front diff axle tube and yoke. Once dried, I reassembled the diff with the painted parts and new seals.

IMG_9547.jpeg

I would have installed the diff, but I noticed the rubber mount bushings are cracking, so I ordered new ones. Those should be here in a couple days. I’m excited to finally be moving on this thing again and get it done so my dad can drive it.

Today I started working on the replacement doors for the truck. Even though the truck as a whole is pretty rust-free, the bottoms of the doors were pretty roached thanks to the rust belt. A couple years ago I got a couple replacement doors that came from Florida. Even though these doors were red, they needed some bodywork and had lots of chips in the paint, so the whole outsides will need to be painted. Today I straightened the door edges, pulled a dent out and then sanded the paint off. I want to get these messy paint tasks done before I start assembling the interior. IMG_9555.jpeg

Back