• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New profile posts

2013 Chevy silverado 1500 LT; 3.5 in rough country control arm lift, brand new front suspension, fabbed bumper and headache
Thank you. I am glad sites like this are available! I am 68 and have a number of years behind me, working on diesel trucks and tractors. I still listen and learn all I can and am happy to share with others, what I know. I own several diesel trucks and have gotten pretty involved with 6.5's. I have three rebuilds going on right now. My personal truck is a 1993 3500 crew cab, dually. 6.5 with 4L80.
Having problems with a 93 3500 HD dump truck 454 freshly rebuilt 4l80 shifting problems and jumps out of overdrive and will not go back in any suggestions and also my speedometer when sitting in park is reading the same as a tack
Hey new to this forum but I have a 1995 GMC Sierra 4.3l vortec
D
Douglas Stewart
Hi I have a 2004 chevy z71 4x4 plow truck how do i put two battery in it to help out with plowing . and it is a 5.3 vortec
I have a 2004 chevy duramax lb7 and I need help I have fuel to the moter but won't start and iv tried either and it wont even try with that I need help I was driving it and it just did one day and would not start back
I have a 92 Chevy NV4500 4wd looking to convert to 2wd for Frankenstein project. Question, do I have to swap the output shaft? My 32 spline drive shaft hooks up without Transfer unit? Anyone want to swap good parts? Looking for 2wd!
Working from home, wandering back and forth between Fullerton, CA and Stevensille, MT, but mostly the latter. Life is good and the plate is full in many ways.
New here because I just found out the problem with tuning a lml lol never heard of this forum before
1997 6.5 stock other than air breather, under a load 70 mph off a cliff
1995 Chevrolet 2500 truck. Random WOT acceleration problem. WOT before shut-down and will not restart. PMD replaced, fuel relay, shut-off seems to be working and lift pump but now not getting fuel to the injectors. Any help appreciated. 6.5 turbo diesel.
R
rboll
check oil pressure switch. it show preesure on gauge but not open switch.
Bought my 02 USPS panel Truck about a year ago. Ad said engine DOA. It was!:arghh: Had to wait to get some more money. Luck out with a Hummer engine that was so clean inside. Can't have many miles on it. Came with a mechanical pump but used the electronic one instead. Now the fun starts, :finger: GM. Working to modify everything. It is a Navistar block, thank god. My first upgrade.
I have a 04 Chevy Silverado 3500 I eliminated the gas tank in the back because it was in the way for a wheel lift well that cause my gas gauge not to work right
I am in the south florida area and am having no luck in finding a good 6.2/6.5L diesel mechanic. I was told by SCTRAILRIDER that you are in the Tampa area and if so, I would like to bring my vehicle there for service. The service I would need is for the bigger things as for the smaller stuff can be handled by the local mechanics, "I think!".
Thanks for your time.
-Madrugador
THEFERMANATOR
THEFERMANATOR
I'm not physically able to work anymore, 12 herniated discs have caught up to me, and I'm limited to bed most days now. I only do a few projects now when I can get help.
C
ChuckC
I'm new and am not sure how to post a question but do you know where one could find the tool to replace an ac high side valve stem on a 1989 Chevy K 1500. The tools I have found are for the new small stems. Thank you
THEFERMANATOR
THEFERMANATOR
I just looked at my 88 and it uses the large schrader valve. Most AC schrader tools are double ended with a small and large side.
Back