• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New profile posts

With my "No Start" problem I tried using a scanner which posted a code of PO81-3F. It read "Wait to start" ign failed. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Reactions: jrsavoie
C
Craiglabor92
Yesterday I got the same reading with a different scanner. PO72, 73, and 75, Descriptions: "Glow
plug control circuit" So, maybe they are talking about the glow plug module. I don't even know where that is, and if I
find it I don't know how to check it. I guess, as a last resort, we will have to have it towed to the GMC dealer and see if they
can determine why it won't start. :(
C
Craiglabor92
I took off the dog box and found it. Now I have to get it out and try a new one. I'll post the results later.
C
Craiglabor92
Installed a new one but still get the same fault..
The lift pump is not pumping fuel to the fuel filter now.
I have it removed and checking,.
Dec 2023
I have just swapped out an 01 4L80-E transmission with an 03 4L80-E transmission I used all of my sensors and hardware on the used one and it shifts a little hard in second and harder in 3rd. It started shaking the whole van yesterday when I went up steep hill. I pulled over put in park then put back in drive and it's been ok. Do I need new sensors?? I'm dumb when it comes to transmissions!
I am 54, and just bought my first diesel truck. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4X4 New body style 6.6l LMM. I am having the DPF removed, and an external fuel pump added. I'm not looking to go crazy with horsepower, I just would like recommendations on upgrading. For example, transmission cooler, etc. I plan on using it for mostly pulling campers, and trailers.My truck.jpg
This 2003 GMC (C4500) has a "LINK Mfg. UltraRide system" installed when the vehicle was new & was part of a Detergent TIDE NASCAR fleet. (Thus the color). The tank was installed on its side, thus moisture could not be drained which has led to tank & pump failure. Best options for solution???
1995 Silverado 3500 dually bought it non running…my first diesel engine but I’m learning with the help of the forum and YouTube …just got a pop tester and soaking my injectors (6.5 L Detroit diesel) getting them ready to test but may be in need of shims for Bosch 0430211097 turbo diesel injector…71 years old hope I’m not too old to learn but I am a grumpy old man…thanks panran
Scott, just to ask on this issue what fuel resister are you using? #9?
if that is what your using replaces it with a #5 and then time the pump you will find it will work a lot better. after you get it set up then replace the #5 with The #9. i found that trying to time the pump with a #9 i was getting codes p216 and p218 one i installed the #5 timing the pump went great.
Have 93 4x4 6.5td all stock so far. Complete rebuilt front end and suspension. Work in progress, 418,000 km, retirement project.
U
Uptime4u
Got her running again, new balancer and pulley, waterpump, ops and new harness, complete front brakes, rear trailer plug, fuel sender/ pickup, replaced front fenders/ inner fenders plus undercoating, still need to section in rocker panels and cab rear corners then paint
Hi, DieselAmateur
First of all I have to thank you for your kindness

I think the pulleys are interchangeable from GM alternator to GM alternator, but I don't know for sure
have an AC-244 alternator, please make sure the pulley you have will fit AC-244.

this is my address:
Celleghin Alessandro
via Rizzarda, 4
35018 San Martino di Lupari (Padova)
Italy
alex1234
alex1234
what may differ is the rear pulley spacer, the distance from the shaft housing and the pulley seat.
2 pulleys I have here 56mm OD don't have the right spacer, them are 9mm, and the right distance is 6.5mm
it is essential to have the right distance, in order not to wear out the belt

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230114_102406[1].jpg
    20230114_102406[1].jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 3
alex1234
alex1234
as you can see the pulley is very close to alternator case
D
DieselAmateur
Noted, I will look closely at the pulley I have and see what the seat size is
Hi Im from West Jordan Utah I own 2007 Chevy classic LBZ its been the best truck Ive owned I got the truck in 2010 it was my birthday gift to my self it had 49000 miles on it now it has almost 300000 miles on now .
BigDogYJ
BigDogYJ
Welcome. the LBZ is a hell of a machine. 300k is no small feat. Hope to see you around here.
You salty confederate! I hope you're doin well. Lets catch up my man. Been a long time.

Nick
Hey there. I am looking to replace the head bolts with head studs (ARP?) on my D478 Toro-flow V-6 Deisel. WOuld you happen to know the spec I need for the studs and where I can find them? Craig
1995 GMC C3500 6.5L, 18:1 pistons, HD splayed main bearing caps, Phaser gear set, Fluid Damper harmonic, Super 54 turbo, air to liquid Intercooler, water/methanol injection system, twin oil coolers, Mishimoto radiator, upgraded fan, dual thermostat, 40 row fan cooled trans cooler, 8 position tuner, Testing 3.42:1 differential. Driven truck to Alaska, own land in Alaska, two of my son's live in Alaska.
I have a question,my 1995 3500 HD with nv4500 transmission has been eating bell housings every since I bought it I’ve put 6 bell housing in it , an I have new motor mounts an transmission mount.Does any one no ho to stop this issue?
Hey I’ve been looking for info on my 1991 suburban. I’m looking for a 4L80e, mine is gone. I found one at a salvage yard in a 1993 chevy 3500 with a 454, wondering if I’d be able to use the 1993 trans. It’s a 4L80e as well but it was a plow truck and I know for a fact it was beat on bc I used to work for said salvage yard and they destroy they’re trucks.
B
BilboScavins
My suburban was a fire vehicle, was taken care of until the kid I got it from got it and destroyed the trans. Reverse is out, 1,2, and 3 gear slip horribly and never could get it into 4. Or past 40 and even getting to that it’s screaming the whole time, suburban has 200k. 93 has 104k, do I rebuild my trans or should I get the 93 trans and see if it’s good or rebuild that. Any help would be appreciated
hello veryone, new life long Chevy guy here with a couple chevy trucks a 94 C2500 and a 93 K1500 The 94, 2500 is my work truck with all new drivetrain rebuild radiator to driveline. having issue with gauge cluster had auto elect pro looked a it and says its a GM flaw with the plug behind the gauge panel that the cluster plugs into that needs a fix. Hope someone has found a remedy. Thanks
B
Boozer68
I'm new to this maybe you could help me out I have a 93 Monterey cobra 32 ft motorhome with a 454 I got it started today after five years put it in reverse and backed up put it in drive and pull forward now I cannot get it out of Drive and I'm running out of options I've sprayed everything down and still cannot get the gear lever to move
I don't have a diesel. Trying to find a few Chevy guys that can advise me in a helpful way to getting my truck back on the road and back to work
Reactions: Stoney and jrsavoie
Stoney
Stoney
I don't remember seeing your opening message on the main screen.. did you ever get a response..if not then welcome to TTS.. and sorry.. there's tons of knowledge on here
Back