• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New profile posts

My vehicle is a 22' Class C RV built on a 1993 Chevy G30 one ton van chassis. This RV has been in my family since new in January 1994. The RV has been to 46 states and the north slope of Alaska twice. My Dad gave me the vehicle in 2007. Our most recent trip was to the Daytona 500 in February, 2022.
Well, I finally got reupped....my password got lost in inter space somehow.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everybody. My truck is for sale, and I would gladly answer any questions and give pictures. Distance really isn't a problem; many transporters can haul it. Just hit me up.
I have had a fairly bad time in the past 2 1/2 years since removing the 3.0L CRD and installing the 6.5L Optimizer,
Some teething problems from the moment I got it back from the installer and then a series of events that have left me here today contemplating whether or not I purchase a second optimizer for it.

There's some pretty curly story's for me to share.
On your post about setting someone up with an HX40, is that open to others? I may be interested, if so. I started to ask about pricing in the thread, but wasn't sure if that was allowed since there are supporting vendors selling turbos.
Reactions: jrsavoie
dieselfuelonly
dieselfuelonly
Sorry, I haven't been on the forum here in a few days but I replied back to your pm you sent. And yes I can certainly set you up with a turbo. 👍
Still building my old truck and with ANY luck it will get done before I croak and kids sell it off for 1/4 what is in it lol
Married ,Father of 3 grandfather of 1 very special lil man i drive a 2005 chevy silverado 2500hd 4x4 lifted on 35’s LLY duramax. mods procomp track bars kriptonite upper and lower ball joints bumpstops .cognito pisk kit ,ppe tie rods welded idler arm gusset support brace bilestein front shocks with remote res.sump on fuel tank air dog .many more ill finish tommorrow
Do you still have the 1978 Layton Nomad 22-foot travel trailer? Do you know what the weight of the trailer is/was? Also, was the clean water tank down the middle of the trailer or where on the trailer was it located? Do you have any original paperwork or instruction manual with yours?
I'm the owner of a 95 Chevy silverado it got stolen back in oct the idiot the stole it wad still on the grounds of my complex . I got my truck back in less then 10 minutes. problem Is that after I got the ignition and one of my vent windows replaced I noticed that when I press on the brake pedal my right turn signal comes on like its a brake light but when I use the turn signal it blinks like its supposed to.
Hey Mike..Just checking to see if you guys were okay with that severe weather and tornado that touched down
SW of Chicago/suburbs
Reactions: jrsavoie
btfarm
btfarm
Hi Paul!
We're good here. The worst tornado damage as about 40 miles east of us and 2 blocks from my niece's home. Slidell got flooded again the other day I see.
Good to hear from you old friend.
1995 Chevy 6.5TD used for towing 11,000lb, 36' goose-neck. Mods: Dual thermostat, 210 deg cooling fan clutch and 9 blade fan, relocation of injector power transistor module, boost wastegate mechanical control modification.
Back